• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something out of the ordinary
Can someone explain this work of art.

I took these many years ago when cleaning carpets with my liquid ring twuck mownt.

Cwikey, I sound like Al. Sad

[Image: 2007_0308Simon-rug-Termites0008.jpg]

[Image: 2007_0308Simon-rug-Termites0006.jpg]

Shortwun
look like mold
Some sort of in insect?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Looks like a termite tunnel.
Yep - certainly termites.

By the way - this tunnel should not be disturbed in any way (don't knock it off the wall or spray it with anything) until after [you or your customer] has had the house properly treated with a termiticide. The reason for this is that if the tunnels are disturbed or if typical insecticides are used, the termites will simply move to another part of the house and will be difficult to find until they rebuild - at which time a lot more damage will have been done. At least at this point, you know where they are and can treat the situation more effectively.

Oh - just noticed the "many years ago" part. Sorry.
Yep, termite formation.

It just looked so beautiful the way they had built it up AND AWAY from the wall.

The house would have been built back in the forties, early fifties and is still standing and being lived in today.

About an hours drive west of us, we get termite mounds growing in the bush 6-8 feet high, whilst over in the Northern Territory, they grow up to 12 feet high.

Never seen one like this inside a house before or since.
About 4 or 5 years ago, I went through a school to get state certification for pest and termite control. One of the things I most remember are pictures they had of termite colonies in Australia - the things were huge! It was really a pretty awesome sight.