• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residental Carpet Cleaning with 175 Buffer
For the past six or so years, I have been cleaning commercial carpet with my Cimex and happy with my results using it with Rick's chemicals. However, prior to this I was a HWE residential and am looking to encap some residential customers. I have a Betco 17" 175 rpm buffer that I am thinking about using in the residential market.

Now to my questions. To the board members encaping with low speed floor buffers. Do you spray your chemicals down and run no chemical through your solution tank or not? Do you scrub with a Fiberplus pad or a true carpet brush and follow up with tuway pads/microfiber pads. If you follow up with pads are they wet or dry.

Just not sure of what is the best solution to residential! Your input will be greatly appreciated!!
I have a Viper 175 with solution tank. I use punch which can be used with HWE. I have also used Encap-Basic on residential. Use Hydrox on beige carpets and berber. I use 17" white floor pads.
Never any problems.
Well, I like to prespray let the chemical dwell them I clean. This works better for me.

Jmo!!!
(06-25-2012, 07:05 AM)NJP Wrote: Well, I like to prespray let the chemical dwell them I clean. This works better for me.

Jmo!!!
When I use the rotary I use it as the scrubber and the solution dispenser. Then I go back over it with a pad. Works for me. Let me clarify I use a fiber plus pad to put down the solution and then go back over it with a glad pad or a Tuway depending on soiling.

Pete

Sorry about that I should have hit the new reply button! No harm no foul
You can scrub with fiberplus pads usiong ds, hydrox, or punch. Then hwe with plain water or light punch rinse. If you prescrub with ds or hydrox, you will need defoamer while rinsing.
(06-25-2012, 09:17 AM)KennyWright Wrote: If you prescrub with ds or hydrox, you will need defoamer while rinsing.
If you need Defoamer - the FOAM-GUARD Crystal Defoamer is excellent! Just sprinkle it lightly on the carpet prior to extraction. Kills foam soooo much better than a liquid defoamer.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit...p_282.html
(06-25-2012, 01:55 PM)encapman Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 09:17 AM)KennyWright Wrote: If you prescrub with ds or hydrox, you will need defoamer while rinsing.
If you need Defoamer - the FOAM-GUARD Crystal Defoamer is excellent! Just sprinkle it lightly on the carpet prior to extraction. Kills foam soooo much better than a liquid defoamer.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit...p_282.html

I couldn't think of the name and didn't feel like going out to look. That's the defoamer I use and it is the best I've tried.
allowing for dwell time will ALWAYS give better results.

here is a quick run-down of how i clean a resi job, it's the most efficient way i have found thus far:

- vac room 1 then apply Punch & set my smart-phone's timer for 13 minutes.

- vac room 2 & move any furniture if necessary, by then the timer is about ready to go off. i apply Punch to room 2 & set my smart-phone's timer for 13 minutes. then i go clean room 1.

- after room 1 is clean i go and vac room 3 and hopefully have time to apply Punch and get the timer started before i have to go clean room 2.

- etc.. etc...

just remember to never let the pre-spray dwell so long that it dries.
Thanks to everyone that has chimed in on the topic. However, I think that my actual questions never got answered. Some basic info about my company. I have been in the carpet cleaning business for nine years. For the first 8 years I ran a Hydramaster T/M and when needed I scrubbed carpet with buffer and bonnet prior to HWE.

Within the last year, I sold my T/M and devoted my efforts to CGD cleaning with Cimex and Rick's chemicals. So I know when and how to use each of his chemicals.

While my primary business has been CGD, I still get requests to clean commerical customers houses and since I sold the T/M, I want to encap residential with a 17" buffer. My original question was directed to the guys on the forum that encap residential with a 175 rpm floor buffer. For you guys, do you prespray the carpet with punch and run DS2 through your solution tank or just prespray only? Secondly, on lower pile residential carpet do you use a fiberplus pad followed up with a tuway pad/microfiber pad? If you have medium to higher pile residential do you use a carpet brush on the buffer followed with padding?

I do not want a mass discussion on which is bettter encaping or HWE residential, I have done both and both have there place. Any input will be greatly appreiated!!

Randy
Is it necessary to slightly dampen the Fiber Plus pads or will applying the pre-spray/cleaning solution be enough liquid to lubricate the carpet so the machine doesn't damage the fibers?

Thanks,
Bill Morgan
(06-27-2012, 02:54 PM)randyb4269 Wrote: Thanks to everyone that has chimed in on the topic. However, I think that my actual questions never got answered. Some basic info about my company. I have been in the carpet cleaning business for nine years. For the first 8 years I ran a Hydramaster T/M and when needed I scrubbed carpet with buffer and bonnet prior to HWE.

Within the last year, I sold my T/M and devoted my efforts to CGD cleaning with Cimex and Rick's chemicals. So I know when and how to use each of his chemicals.

While my primary business has been CGD, I still get requests to clean commerical customers houses and since I sold the T/M, I want to encap residential with a 17" buffer. My original question was directed to the guys on the forum that encap residential with a 175 rpm floor buffer. For you guys, do you prespray the carpet with punch and run DS2 through your solution tank or just prespray only? Secondly, on lower pile residential carpet do you use a fiberplus pad followed up with a tuway pad/microfiber pad? If you have medium to higher pile residential do you use a carpet brush on the buffer followed with padding?

I do not want a mass discussion on which is bettter encaping or HWE residential, I have done both and both have there place. Any input will be greatly appreiated!!

Randy
Hi Randy,

I use a 17" 175 all the time for resi work (when I am lucky enough to get any). What I do is if it is a low pile carpet I will pre spray, most of the time I use DS, I will then use a fiber plus pad and then follow up with a damp but almost dry tuway.

Now for a thicker pile carpet (resi) I will pre spray DS and dapen a tuway and use that, I dont use a tank on resi work.

It's easy.
I run Hydrox through the shampoo tank and use tuway on everything, then use a cotton pad to get up what I can after if we have to only use low a buffer or Orbot.
We clean hundreds of residential carpets using a Challenger OP machine and encap solution, using cotton pads. Very effective, we are adding a hos machine to do residential as well, I think there will always be varying opinions on Padcapping, but we get very positive feedback especially with customers who have called a Sears or Stanley , I just would use a challenger or hos if you plan on doing a good job with residential for the extracting motion which really pulls a lot of dirt and pet hair , etc. out for post vacumming. Cotton pads, tons of them. Prespray with a penguin sprayer I got from Excellent Supply, cut job time down at least 25%.
Okay a 175 will work perfect and to use a dry foam will be a quick way out a use lab it works the best!

I use a HILD 175 low speed carpet cleaning 13'' brush Black & White nylon, did a house that has not been cleaned in 4 years, she has ten cats and never vacuumed plus cat throw up and urine every where I WAS OUT OF THERE IN AN HOUR WITH FIVE ROOMS TO CLEAN 15 by 15 each room and came out looking brand new :cool:

Have been cleaning carpets for 10 years and pay $20 for a gallon of this stuff that I use for pre spray only no tank, so for the answer to your question just use a dry foam of your liking and spray each room medium not to wet then use your machine with no tank just what you have sprayed on the carpet. NOT LET IT DRY ONCE YOU SPRAY, START TO CLEAN QUICK SAVE YOU MONEY AND TIME.

Extractors are not necessary too much water is getting put down and over time warping carpet or damage, use a dry foam solution for brush systems and that Bonnet System/ Dry Clean Sucks Too does not pick up every thing on raised carpet only on commercial carpet.

AND I SAID I WAS OUT IN A HOUR CLEANING THAT LADIES HOUSE IS BECAUSE I VACUUM FIRST WITH ALL MY CLIENTS DON'T TRUST THERE CLEANING SKILLS LOL, THE CARPET CLEANING ONLY TOOK 35 minutes

Not to be a smart butt I use a 2002 saturn L300 sedan that holds my equipment and I still do a better job then truck mounts all day long, I know because I am there all the time different company's after they clean I have a free clean when a truck mount company comes in if they don't like the service I get called to clean it up and I will do the first room for free to show the results of my cleaning and there's I win all the time. WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I will pre-spray the carpet...let dwell, then I spray the fiber plus pad....
  Reply   Purge Spammer