• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day care
I am really loving encap, but some of my clients are day cares and i have been told not do do encap in day cares ... whats your thoughts on this?
Explain BioEncap. Not much "care" in a daycare if they're not concerned with the children's health.
Whether you use a "green" encap or regular releasit products, you can explain that with much less water usage and fast dry times, the carpets are in a better condition as far as soil and contaminants etc,...Explain the post vacuuming or offer to do it yourself.
As with anything, the better you understand something, the easier it is to explain. I'm getting there, but is is a bit tricky getting some folks to grasp it.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Maybe they meant not to do day cares at all.
Some believe that a disease caused by carpet cleaning can harm or even cause death in children.
The bottom link shows that the link between cleaning and KD could be HWE methods using cheap rental machines. I do not think there are any cases of encapping and KD.
I read somewhere that it may be the chemicals, but it was stated that children bathe in soaps and bubbles with no harm.
Maybe we will someday see Releasit Baby Safe Carpet Shampoo, (no more tears) on the market.

http://www.clean-and-tidy.com/disease.htm

http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-homes...son-460109

http://www.forconstructionpros.com/artic...t-cleaners
Don't go into big detail about encap cleaning.
These Day Care people will never understand anyway.
Do they want clean carpets? Use what you want to.
Who is the carpet cleaner here? You or the day care.
They can choose the truckmount guy who will soak
the carpet leave tons of soapy residue behind and will take more than 24 hours to dry.
These people get this "steam cleaning" stuff stuck in their heads. Steam cleaning
is no more than Hot Water Extraction. Without water at 212 degrees you don't have steam.
They don't even understand that type of cleaning.

My wife use to clean a W.I.C. office where there was a play area for kids.
I use to help her. The women in the offices would throw paper on the floor
& leave crap all over. They had all these colored bags for this paper & that kind of paper
which in the end it all goes to the same place. I would empty the baskets into a black garbage bag & go in the dumpster. They wanted the toys wiped down sometimes. Do you think
they ever wanted their carpets cleaned? No! Kids could play on a dirty carpet but you better wipe down those toys. It was all about the money. Still 4 years later those carpets have never been cleaned. These type of nuts have that SAVE THE EARTH thinking. Clean the way you want to. No customer will ever tell me the way to clean or what with. I am the professional and they are not. If a customer is smarter than I am then why call me. If they know what works best then they should clean it themselves. Tongue
I take offense to your statement truckmount cleaners soak the carpets, leave tons of residue and it is not even steam.
Stick to what you do and don"t bother knocking the crap out of other systems.
I assume you don"t have a truckmount.
I know this board is primarily about encap [low moisture cleaning] however we often run cimex and truckmounts in the same environment and the dry times are very close. If you don"t think that some jerk with low moisture system can not over wet carpets, think again it happens all the time.
I have a SS 570 Sapphire Scientific TM and it spits steam unless I turn down the temp -
drying time is quite minimal- and if I use fans, most carpet is pretty dry upon job completion.
(03-06-2013, 05:01 PM)DON ELDRED Wrote: I take offense to your statement truckmount cleaners soak the carpets, leave tons of residue and it is not even steam.
Stick to what you do and don"t bother knocking the crap out of other systems.
I assume you don"t have a truckmount.
I know this board is primarily about encap [low moisture cleaning] however we often run cimex and truckmounts in the same environment and the dry times are very close. If you don"t think that some jerk with low moisture system can not over wet carpets, think again it happens all the time.

I agree that we should not be criticizing HWE no matter whether it's TM or porty. It's got everything to do with the operator. I also agree it's easy to over wet carpet with LM, that's ironic to say the least but it's not hard. As plenty of wise men have said before "their all tools in the box".

Cheers

Jamie
I also take offense to "Charles", statement. I usually say Hot Water Extraction as my method of cleaning. The water temp. at my wand is usually 175 to 200. I have a temp. guage that I put on my wand . The carpets are never soaked. They take longer to dry than VLM, they are damp, but thoroughly cleaned. I've only done about 10 VLM jobs so far. Both systems have their place. I think "Charles", just has a real bad attitude. Just read his last few lines. "Charles", I don't know why a customer would call you.
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
As for the question of encapping day cares. I do a couple of small ones in the 1000 to1500 sq. ft. range and i do a large one at 20000 sq. ft.. I have in the past used tms to clean them using rotary extraction and using air paths for quick drying.
I have read the state regulations that carpet cleaning needs to be hot water extracted.
This coming Fri nite i am doing the large day care and am going to pad cap the carpets using a green encap and fiber pads and cotton pads for the extraction and mixing encap with hot water and post vacuuming. The regulations do not say the type of machine to use for the extraction and alot of daycares use the rented rug doctor.
I saw this system on you tube cimex for the scrubbing and followed with the orbot with the pad for the extraction. So yes i feel pad capping a daycare would meet the regulations and would say no to 100% encapping a daycare. Peter B.
This is such a great forum because of the exchange of thought and ideas- being productive
is all that matters- I really like encap as this is my first year into it after HWE for 30.

I took a certification course 20 years ago with 12 HWE guys and there was only 1 dry method cleaner, he was treated badly, however he was the only one beating on his chest regarding being the best cleaner. More bravado than brave.

I believe you can be the best with any method of cleaning if you put the effort and thought into what you do. I had a client today calling upset as his last carpet cleaner Splashed and Dashed his carpet when it was cleaned, I told him I would help the situation, I extracted it and went over with a trinity-layed out some fans, no prob. New customer.

The point is what is the point if you just do not execute properly with any cleaning format? maybe a lost account. If there is no customer preference between pad or HWE, Use what works for you is best in my book.
I agree, use what works best for you!!!!!!!!!!!
lets don;t get off track... the reason i ask is because of the encap when crystal-zing would be bad for a child i guess i could go back two hours after it dried and vacuum ...