• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one of my concerns is what if they just buy a cimex themselves
do you ever worry that they may just hire a $10 an hour guy and buy a cimxex ..
Never say never, but I would not worry about it.
Years ago a trend was to just have the janitorial company look after the carpet cleaning. Than after that got messed up they came back to the professional cleaners to correct the problems.
Now the trend is back to let the janitorial company do it, just another cycle that we need to endure, it is all about saving money. Do you ever worry about these so called educated executives that make these money saving decisions.
Case in point we lost a very large account a year ago to the onsite janitorial contractor. My inside source told me they replaced $50,000.00 worth of carpet last year alone because the company said they could not get it clean. Carpets where in great shape when we finished our contract.
They could not remove gum, ice melter residue, coffee stains etc etc.
Disguise your Cimex. Cover the label with your business name/logo.
Not sure of the new Cimex machines but my older ones say they were made in England.
When someone asks what my machine is, or where did I get it, I tell them it is English made.
I also protect the label of the Releasit bottles from snoopers too. We usually have a large Rubbermaid storage bin we keep the supplies we need in. On the nursing /senior homes we service we have to keep the chems locked up at all times, so that habit just followed to all accounts.
This may seem like it could hurt Rick's business but it will actually help it by assuring contract cleaners retain carpet jobs instead of in-housers buying once and then shopping for cheaper, less quality products to save another buck.
I used to do a tennis complex with the Cimex, good account until they bought there own, account gone, kind of a drag. Oh Well.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I never worry regarding losing accounts. As a cleaner, you have the power as a credible caretaker and professional. It may also be cost effective for a company to in house their pest control or landscaping as well, but Professionalism, knowledge and consistency makes the difference.
carry a spray bottle with water in it and squirt some under your arm pits and across your forehead when pushing the Cimex. Frown, breath heavy and make it look like it is very miserable to operate the machine. Smile
They will see the awesome results but believe it is very hard to do but worth every penny to pay someone else to do it.
hasn't happened to me. i remove all Cimex stickers. all of my cleaning solutions i keep out of sight in my cloth "solution" bag, i keep all info to myself.
I lost 2 nursing homes same owners different locations Doing them for 2 yrs. 2 x ea. year.
the last year cleaning i watched their head custodian watch every move we made and knew what was up. We heard they bought their own cimex.
Now we have our name over CIMEX and we removed ORBOT SPRAY BORG.
Peter B.
This is why I want to get as many janitorial accounts as possible.

I can't afford to capitulate.
Just start your own janitorial company. That is our plan. Constant cash flow makes the carpet cleaning side icing on the cake.
That's what I'm saying.

Janitorial is not as much hourly as CC'ing. However, the money is steady and you get all the additional services.

Plus it's glamorous!

(03-11-2013, 10:23 PM)MikeHabib Wrote: Just start your own janitorial company. That is our plan. Constant cash flow makes the carpet cleaning side icing on the cake.
Most times the in house maintenance rather want you to do it because they are either too busy or lazy. That's what I found in the past but recently I've seen them doing everything in house. Hopefully it will turn around and they'll call us back. LOL.
We are seriously considering rebooting our janitorial company again for this reason, my only concern is the janitorial companies we work with now might jump ship. We have a few other options we are in the process of exploring but, time will tell. Finding the right team of janitorial techs will be the biggest issue I am almost off the van now no going back to being a toilet jockey
The thought has crossed my mind to. Than I think back to the days when we had several janitorial accounts and 25 employees, and how I dreaded answering the phone around 4.30 every night, another employee sick!!!!!! right. When we decided to get out of janitorial we took all the equipment and accessories right to the dump so I would never again get back into that end of the business.
lol Don, that works i guess.

yes it is/was a glamorous life Damon Big Grin