• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ds2 or hydrox
I've used both of these products with good results on both commercial and residential carpets. Just wondering what i should use and when? Is one better than the other?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I use Hydrox on light colors, beige, white and colors- great for bringing out the best
in a colored fabric or carpet. And don't forget it is great on spot removal.
IMO Hydrox would be my go to chemical.
As Slotools mentioned... Encap-HydrOx adds a color pop to light colors.

However Encap-Clean DS2 makes colors brighter too. Take a look at this image from a recent job that I did. This carpet has been thoroughly pre-vacuumed with the X-Vac prior to cleaning. You can clearly see a nice color pop with Encap-Clean DS2...
[Image: before-after-DS2.jpg]
And I might add... There are NO optical brighteners in Releasit products.

Encap-Clean DS2 is our number one seller. It blows away the soil conditions that are present in most settings. Dingy traffic lanes and soil loads from foot traffic in a commercial setting are obliterated with Encap-Clean DS2. Plus carpets stay clean longer too.

Encap-HydrOx is perfect for where there's organic soils, browning, water stains, coffee, red wine, food soils or food colors, urine, vomit, blood, etc. It's also very good for upholstery that can be cleaned with water. As normal, do a colorfast test with a white towel before cleaning to ensure that the dyes are stable.

Encap-HydrOx has become our second most popular seller behind Encap-Clean DS2. We've seen it grow and grow - quite honestly even faster than we had expected. We have cleaners using it on residential carpet that swear by it. So it is certainly a product worthy of having on your truck.

Bottom Line: Both Encap-Clean DS2 and Encap-HydrOX are each in a league of their own. Give 'em both a try and I think you'll see why both are so popular.
Like Rick said our number chemical is and always has been Releasit Encap - DS ( we prefer the smell of DS1 though) We do keep several bottles of hydrox on hand for the situations that Rick describes. Both are really great products and Rick is constantly looking for ways to improve them, which is also nice. When I first started buying chemicals from Rick there was just Encap-Clean. Then he improved to Encap-Clean DS and if I remember correctly there have been several versions of both of those chems along the way. Now there is DS2.
To add to what Kevin said... DS2 has recently been improved even further to smell more like the original DS, and to foam slightly better too.

Like Kevin said we're "constantly looking for ways to improve".

Thanks for being a good customer for many years Kevin! Smile
Well that's neat. Didn't know that DS2 has been improved already. I'll buy some of that next month and try it out. We have been buying the 1DS because we liked the smell, but I know that DS2 is supposed to work better. By the way, Rick, tell your staff the order came in and everything was perfect. As always I appreciate it.
Just finished up residential job and Hydrox REALLY made the very light tan carpet "pop". Use Hydrox all the time on residential jobs. Customers ALWAYS pleased with outcome. Why change a good thing?
Keep up the great work Rick and the rest of the staff at Excellent Supply!
Wow! Thanks for the great info and thanks again Rick. You guys ROCK!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(03-20-2013, 02:59 PM)prodrying Wrote: By the way, Rick, tell your staff the order came in and everything was perfect. As always I appreciate it.

Will do. Thank your for your order Kevin!
Hi Rick
Have continued to use DS2 since I first tried it and have been very impressed.
Being in Australia, can you tell me if the newer version (better odour and more foaming) is available here yet and if so does the container look different or how do I know if I'm purchasing the newer version?
Thanks again and congratulations on this forum and your invaluable input.
Rob
WE use Hydrox for our residential prespray in most instances , it is actually scrubbed in then we extract. The more my two techs use it the most they like it, less spotting needed with this product.
(04-05-2013, 08:04 AM)cammo54 Wrote: Hi Rick
Have continued to use DS2 since I first tried it and have been very impressed.
Being in Australia, can you tell me if the newer version (better odour and more foaming) is available here yet and if so does the container look different or how do I know if I'm purchasing the newer version?
Thanks again and congratulations on this forum and your invaluable input.
Rob

It's hard to know exactly where their inventory stands since it's a bit slow getting shipments down to Australia. If PowerClean doesn't have it in stock yet, they should have the latest version of Encap-Clean DS2 in Australia within the next couple of months.