• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orbot vs challenger
(04-11-2013, 03:42 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Do you own a 175 now?

If so, start with that. After which you can look at upgrading to a better machine.

That's where I started too, now I have an OP and a Cimex within 12 months. A rotary is definitely worth cutting your teeth on IMO.

cheers

Jamie
I bought a used lowboy for 250 plus 115 shipping. During delivery the lowboy was damaged both wheel wells where bent in so wheels don't turn, cord rubbed open and it appears motor shaft bent..pretty upsetting since it was a great buy. I had before pics and now it was not damaged previous and looking at box damage shows it happened during shipping. It will be hard to replace at that price it should of sold 500+. As far as the machine the steel housing is very thick and wheel constructed. The drive plate is also a great set up. I think it would be a good item to offer to your customers Rick.
I have been looking at the Oreck Lowboy for a while as a good option for commercial accounts. I just can't see spending almost 4 grand on an Orbot--as cool as they look, I need to watch the expenses for now. Cimex is in the plans eventually but I like to be able to pad cap as well.
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this way so it would probably be a big seller for Rick. Especially if it's packaged with driver and some of Rick's cool chems. People already know they will get unbeatable service from Rick and his crew.

I don't know what's going on with Challenger but it would be a shame if they become completely unavailable.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
it would be very easy to put a spray system on a Low Boy or even a gravity feed system if it would work
(04-11-2013, 05:39 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: it would be very easy to put a spray system on a Low Boy or even a gravity feed system if it would work

David, that's what I was thinking. I put a gravity feed tank on my Challenger and it works great. No reason it wouldn't work on the Low Boy. Could be a nice set up.
Mike Becker
The drive plate on my lowboy is set up for a gravity feed system
Is the price for a new Orbot at 4K now?

Incredible.

The most tricked out porty can be had for around 3K or less and an entry level TM is the $5,500.00 range.

Not sure if this is a good price range for OP machines....

(04-11-2013, 03:36 PM)MikeB Wrote: I have been looking at the Oreck Lowboy for a while as a good option for commercial accounts. I just can't see spending almost 4 grand on an Orbot--as cool as they look, I need to watch the expenses for now. Cimex is in the plans eventually but I like to be able to pad cap as well.
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this way so it would probably be a big seller for Rick. Especially if it's packaged with driver and some of Rick's cool chems. People already know they will get unbeatable service from Rick and his crew.

I don't know what's going on with Challenger but it would be a shame if they become completely unavailable.
Rick G should buy the Challenger company. There is sooo much potential there. The machine is flawless. The only problem is the horrible color. Change the color or offer a choice of colors, add Rick's marketing and a ton of em would be sold.
Then add a nice looking wheels on the ground model. You would have a 15 inch, a seventeen inch "Titan" and a seventeen inch wheels on the ground. A price range from $1,700 to $2,500 and they would sell like hot cakes.

You are welcome Rick, and I expect a complimentary burgundy 17 inch Titan when you get the ball rollin.Big Grin
Yes, I agree.

Add an optional on-board sprayer and 1hp motor to that list.

(04-11-2013, 11:11 PM)Gkleen Wrote: Rick G should buy the Challenger company. There is sooo much potential there. The machine is flawless. The only problem is the horrible color. Change the color or offer a choice of colors, add Rick's marketing and a ton of em would be sold.
Then add a nice looking wheels on the ground model. You would have a 15 inch, a seventeen inch "Titan" and a seventeen inch wheels on the ground. A price range from $1,700 to $2,500 and they would sell like hot cakes.

You are welcome Rick, and I expect a complimentary burgundy 17 inch Titan when you get the ball rollin.Big Grin
I can say from experience that the Challenger works very well with wheels on the floor and gravity feed tank using fiber pads. Even with a half horse motor the machine is a work horse. Nudge nudge, Rick
I'll take one in Blue.Smile
Mike Becker
Mike could you post pics of the solution tank on your challenger and how you did this.

thanks
Perry, if you go to the first page in this forum and click the post "hey Rick the solution tank fits...." There are pics posted.
It bolted right on. Just had to drill the hole for hose fitting. I'm working on a better wheel design now but basically just used extended brackets for the wheels to get them on the floor.
Mike Becker
Here is pic of my challenger with wheels on the ground.
8" non marking wheels,thread rod ,nuts, washers for spacers
works good with a thin two way

Can't get pics to down load , say's image to big
I'd like to see it if you can get pics posted.
Mike Becker
    Here is a pic of Perry's challenger on wheels