• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I picked up the cimex today & what kind of pre maintenance do i need to do
i am ready to use the cimex... i have a small job Saturday. The machine looks awful pretty but it does crowd up the van which i am kinda of picky about.

so what kind of maintenance needs to be done and how often.. what needs to be greased ? and how often ... or just ran the heck out of it for 20 years ?
nothing to grease.

nothing to maintain other than clean it up if you want it to look pretty for the Clients.

i take that back, once a year i clean out the plumbing. do a search for it, it is here somewhere. it is very simple.

buy a spare belt in a year or so. my 9 year old machine still has the original, but some times after a few years they can wear out.

congrats on the new machine!
Thanks Derek... i am really looking forward to using it...
The biggest "pre-maintenance" I've done with our Cimexes is to take them out of the box Smile You're gonna love it
We have to do more maintenance on ours than most people but that is because one of ours is in our rug cleaning pit. The 2" deep water slinging around the machine doesn't lend itself to more than 2-3 years of dependable service before the water corrodes something. The one that we don't put in our wash pit has almost no issues. We actually took one of ours to a business expo the other day and had it in our booth. Before we took it though we repainted the blue deck. I believe that one was 7-8 years old and had never been repainted. It looks great now.
My Cimex is a clean machine, and I have found designer 2" tape at Home Depot to protect the painted area of the shroud so it does not get beat up and scratched. I currently have a black/yellow checkerboard pattern tape, they have most colors, candy colors and flames for when you are feelin' saucy.
great... thanks guys...
I always like to encourage to get you a Kodiak cord right away and install it. Rather then waiting til the original wear and replace it.

Also if you haven't gotten yourself the big boy tires I encourage you to do so as well.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.
Kleen O Green are you saying the cord on the cimex is not a very good cord?
Oh no not at all. Just saying the kodiak is much more flexible easy to work with, and will probable last til the end of the world. The original is ok and will get the job done. However you will probably be changing it out in just a few years. My first Cimex I had for 4 years I believe, and it started bogging out. Turns out it was the cord. I purchased the kodiak and problem solved. I guess thats why I encourage it.

My new Cimex arrived about 3 months ago I think, I enjoyed bonding with it as I pampered it with installing Big Boy Tires and replacing the cord before even using it. We had a nice time together.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.