• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Brush & Clean Machine on Residential Carpet
Has anyone encaped with a brush & clean machine on residential carpet? If so what size machine and how very your results?

Thanks in advance for any input!!
Yes I have 2 a 10" and 20" and I get great results. The machines are well worth

having IMO.
Thanks for the reply! Do you use the brush & clean machine as a stand alone encap process on residential? I own a cimex and 17" buffer, but am looking for something less in weight than the cimex but more professional than the 17" buffer in residential.

When you use the brush & clean machine in residential, I assume that you prespray your encap juice and scrub only with the clean & brush. Do you ever post pad? Thanks for your help!
(07-09-2012, 10:04 AM)randyb4269 Wrote: I own a cimex and 17" buffer, but am looking for something ... more professional than the 17" buffer in residential.
do you mean a low-speed rotary or a high speed buffer?

i assume you mean low-speed rotary, as a buffer would not be good for a carpet.

opinions vary of course, but i feel a 17" low-speed rotary would look more pro than any CRB machine.

i own neither, but neither does mrs. piffleton...so she may feel as i do .?.

i have however owned a Host (smaller CRB) and an OP machine. hands down the low-speed rotary is going to extract more soil out of the carpet (into the cotton/blend pads) than any CRB would. sure a CRB would pull more of the larger particulate soil, but a good pre-vacuuming can do a decent job of that as well.

hope this helps some!
I agree with Derek. A rotary machine will likely achieve deeper cleaning in a residential setting, via soil extraction through bonnet absorption, than a CRB machine can accomplish. And I don't think the homeowner would be any less impressed with the appearance of the machine than they'd be with a smallish looking CRB machine.
Rick,

Thanks for your input on the subject. However, another question on a 20" brush & clean crb machine. As I previously stated, I owned a 19" cimex and love it. However, on occasion I can not get my cimex up stairs on some commercial carpet cleaning jobs. How would a 20" clean & brush crb with the stiff brushes do on cdg.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Randy
(07-12-2012, 11:17 PM)randyb4269 Wrote: Rick,

Thanks for your input on the subject. However, another question on a 20" brush & clean crb machine. As I previously stated, I owned a 19" cimex and love it. However, on occasion I can not get my cimex up stairs on some commercial carpet cleaning jobs. How would a 20" clean & brush crb with the stiff brushes do on cdg.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Randy

Oh-oh Randy, what's the problem with getting Big Yella up stairs.??

Tell me why you can't get it up, and I may be able to help you.

One other thing, what size wheels do you have on your 'Mex; ??

Shorty
(07-12-2012, 11:17 PM)randyb4269 Wrote: How would a 20" clean & brush crb with the stiff brushes do on cdg.
Comparing a CRB machine to a Cimex machine would be kind of like comparing moving a pile of dirt using a shovel and a wheelbarrow, or using a bulldozer. Both methods will get the pile of dirt moved, but there's an obvious difference in the level of efficiency with a bulldozer. A CRB is a fine machine, but I'd prefer to use a Cimex if I were planning to service commercial carpet care at a serious level.

P.S. We sell CRB machines as well as Cimex machines, so it's not like I'm being biased for any kind of personal sales interest. I prefer the Cimex because it's simply that much better!
We clean residential all day with a Challenger OP, cotton pads, and any of the encap cleaners from excellent supply, mostly DS2, and Hydrox Encap, spray it down, put the pad down, agitate, that's it, people love it, plus you could use 17" fiber plus pads and carry the Challenger, or pull it up stairs very easily on the commercial jobs you mentioned. Or you could get a HOS op machine from here, they look more professional than the Challenger, and have a larger motor.

Feel free to email me on this, I've personally done tons of residential with an OP machine only, and have had very few instances of dissatisfaction. We now have a cimex though and are moving towards focused commercial work, however I could inform you on cleaning residential VLM only, with good results. johnson365@gmail.com