• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Boy with Swingarm & Wheel Kit (video)
We put together a conversion kit for the Low Boy that adds a Swingarm and Big Boy Wheel Kit to the Low Boy. Got the first one back from the machine shop manufacturer on Friday, and picked up the rest of the order today. The swingarm assembly is made out of aluminum and has spring tensioners that press the wheels downward. With this conversion the machine really glides along nicely in a forward and backward motion. It's a nice little improvement. Smile

We put together a video today. Have a look...

P.S. We'll be putting a Low Boy package deal together that includes the swingarm and wheel kit upgrade. We're still working out what the final pricing for the package will be (crunching the numbers). Should be completed in the next day or so.
That looks awesome and very user friendly. Even an old guy like yourself was using it with ease and not even sweating! Lol great job
Rick, since it does not have a weight kit, how would it compare against the Orbot ? I mostly do residential and move-outs.
The Low Boy has similar head weight to a standard Orbot. So it should be comparable.
Awesome job Rick!!!!!

That video is great, love the looks of the wheels as well!

This combo is going to be hard to beat for beginners and/or people wanting another machine.
Do you need a weight kit using it on residential ?
No you really don't need additional weight for residential.

By the way, the wheel kit makes the machine that much easier to work with on residential carpet. It reduces side to side pull to an absolute minimum. On a cushy residential carpet, the benefit of the wheel kit will be even more pronounced than on a flat CGD carpet. I think this will be the preferred way to run these machines. Smoother running, easier to push, easier to control, easier to transport.
Very nice! I like the spring tension idea to keep the wheels forced down since the handle is still floating. Very cool and looks like an easy upgrade for those who already own a low boy.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Thats really nice Rick! That may be my next machine. No offense, but I was thinking that it would look kinda mickey mouse, (because thats how stuff I try to make looksBig Grin), but that looks really sharp. I'd be proud to walk that into any job.

I'm saving my pennies!
We just need chrome wheels to match the rest of the body!
Nice job, guys looks like its going to be a great worker
I must say that is a very snazzy piece of machine work. Maybe Excellent Supply should design their own OP machine from the ground up.
Just a thought.IdeaSmile
(06-12-2013, 08:44 AM)Joe G Wrote: I must say that is a very snazzy piece of machine work. Maybe Excellent Supply should design their own OP machine from the ground up.
Just a thought.IdeaSmile

Now you are really going to have Rick crunching numbers! Wink
Personally, I don't think a complete build would be profitable without a huge investment, but who knows...i would be cool.
Maybe a design that folds up into a brief case like George Jetson??? Cool
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL