• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Boy SWK 19" OP Machine (is now online)
It could occur if the machine is being used on residential carpet installed over a pad. The squishiness of a carpet over a pad can cause bonnets to curl up. Running a glide under the bonnet can help when running an OP machine on squishy carpets.

We also can bring in a brittle pad driver for the LowBoy. Not sure if this will improve performance with bonnets, but it's worth a try.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
Yes Rick that is where I have been using it on residential with pad.
Once I try the fixes you recommend I will report back with an update.
Thank you and your team for the excellent customer service!
Are the MF pads you're using new or old?

Older MF pads will eventually grow soft and lose strength. Basically, the middle section of the pad becomes weak and the pad as a whole will be floppy.

When this happens they will bundle up under the machine continually.

Also, are you running the MF pads wet, damp or dry?
I do damp wet them in warm water before running.
They are newer pads but when wet they aren't stiff.
They might might be too wet which is causing them to bundle up under the machine.

Next time try just getting them barely wet.

(07-28-2013, 11:04 AM)fantastic floors Wrote: I do damp wet them in warm water before running.
They are newer pads but when wet they aren't stiff.
Hi Rick new to the forum but not to Excellent Supply. I was wondering if the Dura Grip pad driver is available for the lowboy? It was by far the best thing that ever happened to my Vento, I can run any pad I want now, outstanding product! I purchased mine in December and it is still working fine. I just bought another one to have on hand should it be needed.

Thanks
John
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Guess what? The LowBoy has the exact same velcro material that we put on the DuraGrip drive plate.
P.S. Welcome to the EncapBoard!
I am mostly residential, and as I mentioned I am using a Vento which can wear you out one some carpets. Would the Lowboy be suitable for any carpet I currently use the Vento on?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Yes, the LowBoy is suitable for all types of carpet.
The Low Boy WOG is going to be my next worker I will be ordering it this week, I would like to see it in action on some dirty carpet.

Can one of you low boy owners post a video of it in action on some dirty carpet if you have some time.

Thanks
I've been revisiting my experience with op cleaning and having better results. I'm thinking part of my problems in the past had to do with pads. I still love my cimex machines and feel it's an overall better scrubber but see some advantages of being able to remove spots with the op pads instead of just relying on scrubbing and encapping them.

I had a quick question regarding the lowboy, does the lowboy have a handle that locks in? How's the adjustment? It looks like it's moving in the video and isn't locked in. How's the sprayer you're working on coming along?
Thanks
Jeff
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hey Jeff,

The handle is free floating. It does not lock like a rotary machine does. In fact no OP machine from any manufacturer has a locking handle - they all have floating handles/heads.

We're probably about a month to the finished version of the spray system. We have spent a fair amount of time working trough the prototypes and getting a design that makes sense. What we have come up with is simple and efficient! In fact we've finalized the plans and as of today it is in the hands of our metal fabricator. Should ready for the masses in about 4 weeks. Smile
Is the LB too big for residential?

What is average speed on CGD?

Does it clean as good as the cimex? The price is what I can afford at the moment...Cimex is a little more than I want to spend. Hoping the LB would be a good alternative?

Once the sprayer is available I hope to order one.

Thanks Rick
It is manageable for residential. Perhaps a tiny bit large, but certainly doable.

Clean as well as the Cimex? Everything is subjective. You can clean as well as the Cimex with a scrub brush and bucket, it'll just take you a whole lot longer. The LowBoy can clean as well too, just not as fast. For medium to large commercial work, the Cimex has no equal. For small to medium commercial and residential, an OP is a good choice to consider.