• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is challenger still in business
I am looking for a light weight machine and had a Challenger in the past and I loved it. Sorry I ever sold it. Are they still around?
We hear that they are going to try to start producing machines again. Let's hope, because they did make a nice machine. We would like to be able to offer these to our customers again.

As an alternative, you might consider the LowBoy www.LowBoyOP.com
Ya I had and miss my trusty Challenger!

I think if you look hard enough, one could be had used?
Hi Rick,

Yes a Low boy is on my want list. But that is still a heavy machine. Not as bad as a Cimex but still a ton to lift. I am doing more homes then anything else and the Challenger was nice and lite that I was able to lift it with one hand if I had to.

We did a house yesterday and old rental and the stairway was so narrow and steep that it really made me miss my Challenger.
I think the two machines are fairly comparable in weight.

But hey, I've got the strength of ten men so what would I know?
Recently, Rick made reference to me, but I was too embarrassed to reply.

However, in this case I think I should make a comment.

Delia, (God bless her cotton-pickin' little heart), reckons that I should've been named Will.

Because where there's a Will, there's a way.

No van too high............

[Image: RampsnPort013_zps98581a89.jpg]

No stairs too steep..................

[Image: SDC10272.jpg]

[Image: SDC10266.jpg]

Now please remember that I'm fairly new to this game, a not-so young fella that's 4 stone overweight and 10" too short for his weight.

If I can throw these work toys around at 68 & 1/2, well crikey, I reckon you blokes could do the same as well, if not better than I.

Take care now.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Joe.....
Send me your cell or email....I'll send you pics of 2 machines I can give you a killer deal on!
Bunch of pads too!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
JT, I just got and email from Challenger this week so I guess they are up and running.
Www.challengerop.com.
It looks like the site has been updated since the last time I looked.

Sent from my iPhone
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I ordered some stuff from them today talked to a real person so yeah they are still alive and well in Texas
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Challenger OP 3/4 HP weight: 113.0 lb 15" drive plate

Lowboy SEK 3/4 HP weight: 80 lb 17" drive plate 19" oscillating path

I would go with the Lowboy. For me, the 15" drive plate is going down a bit too far for primary productivity. I have a little Oreck with a 12" drive that can get me in and out of tight spaces. In an efficient setting with a team of two, I would have an Orbot or Cimex scrubbing out in front with a Lowboy padcapper following behind.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
my Challenger doesn't weigh over 100 LB's, more like 80'ish LB's.

perhaps the Challenger Max did but that machine wasn't around very long.
Same here. My 15" challenger was more around 75lbs. It did only have 1\2hp motor though...
yea def order it from Rick with a 3/4 horse at the minimum.
Yes I bought a Challenger from www.challengerop.com, they are for sure still up and running in Texas!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Amanda, are you a salesman or work for the company??