• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramp for Ford Transit Connect
If anyone runs a Transit Coonect and uses a loading ramp, I would appreciate a recommendation on the particular ramp you use. Thanks!
In addition to Excellent Supply - we still run our old faithful commercial carpet cleaning business too (where it all began) www.KleenStep.com. We have a Transit van, which we love by the way. The ramp we use is the 63" Link ramp. It's PERFECT for the Transit. Here's the link... http://www.excellent-supply.com/Link-Alu..._p_14.html
Thanks Rick! Your word is good enough for me. I'll call and order it next week. Nice wrap on your van btw. Funny. My website says "Clean carpet is good for business" .
"We have a Transit van, which we love by the way."

Rick, I currently run a full size Chevy van, but am going to outfit a second van. Been strongly considering a Transit. Eric in WV like his as well. Any chance you would post a few pictures as to how you have it configured on the inside?

Thanks,
Ed
Ed Elliott

(09-01-2013, 08:00 AM)Ed E Wrote: Funny. My website says "Clean carpet is good for business" .

I'm gonna have to charge for royalties. Wink
(09-01-2013, 08:36 AM)encapman Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 08:00 AM)Ed E Wrote: Funny. My website says "Clean carpet is good for business" .

I'm gonna have to charge for royalties. Wink

Come on. Ours is much different than yours. For example, we are Clean Step, and we have obsessive carpet disorder. And of corse, clean carpet is good for business....LOL
"I'm gonna have to charge for royalties."

A small phenomenal fee?
Ed Elliott

Here is how my ramp works: Not sure if its the same one Rick sells. Its mounted in the back and folds up.

Here it is folded down

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-01-2013, 04:57 PM)ebarnett Wrote: Here is how my ramp works: Not sure if its the same one Rick sells. Its mounted in the back and folds up.

Here it is folded down

Very nice! How much floor space do you lose when the ramp is folded up?
Roughly about 8" of floor space is lost. Inside dimensions to begin with (after bulkhead was installed) was about 4' by 6' - though it is wider than that because the side doors bulge out a little)
That is the Link Bi-Gold floor mounted ramp. These are excellent ramps too. I used to have one of those on a 3/4 ton van a few years ago. That old ramp is still going strong in one of my brother's work vans. It doesn't take up much floor space at all. Like Eric said, about 8" or so. Here's a link to that ramp... http://www.linkramps.com/products/bifold-ramps/lb10

We can get you any Link ramp that you'd like. The short 63" ramp is nice because it's light and easy to toss around. But the advantage to the bi-fold ramp is that it takes up practically no space in the van.
For the transit you want the flat mount ramp not the side step ramp.

http://www.linkramps.com/products/bifold-ramps/lb20

The side step is designed to make use of the dead space in the side step. The flat mount will fit in the back of the transit
Thanks Eric - that is correct.
That is unless you want to side mount it in one of the side doors, but im not sure of the fit, and it would be tight to bring a larger machine up and turn it at the top of the ramp.
Before you look at installing a ramp in either the side or rear doors, look closely at where you'll be working.

For years, I used ramps through my side door.

Until one day I had a small commercial job in the CBD on a Saturday at midday.

Was able to get parked, but unable to unload my machine.

I lost that job. Angry

That was when I decided to use my rear door as the place to store my two main machines, Big Yella & Bot.

99.8% of my city is angle parking in the main central business district.

Load through the rear doors & I have not had a single problem.

Think carefully before you jump. (Or buy, if you buy something to fit in the well, it may not work in the rear).

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........