• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% wool carpet with cimex questions
I have a estimate in high end hotel with 100% wool carpets. I will be giving a estimate for HWE (i have that part covered) and for Encap with cimex. First off am i better off cleaning with cimex and what price per sqft was thinking .12 to .15 cents? Also i have plenty of DS-2 should i use it on wool? Any other tips or advice would be great!

Thanks
  Reply   Purge Spammer
How many F2 ?

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I dont know how many sqft they want cleaned but its a huge hotel. I have been inside many times its all carpet. Thanks
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I have a lot of competition in my area. I recently won a bid for an 80 room hotel. I quoted 25c for the restaurant areas. 10c for all other areas and $10 per room (all rooms are small and identical) This is all encap. I also got all dressed up and did some great demo work. However I feel if it is wool more care is needed and 12c-15c is very reasonable. I would advise on a demo. I believe it helps seal the deal.
Jarrod's pricing sounds about right.

The Cimex and Releasit does AWESOME on wool.
Thanks for help, i plan on offering a demo.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
How do you plan on dealing with the swirl marks left by the rotary action of the Cimex I do hope you have the soft brushes for your Cimex Some accounts don't mind the swirl marks others don't like them, best to find out up front.
Once you set them they are not easy to remove.
I do have the brushes. So i should not use pads with wool? Thanks
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Talk to Rick at Excellent Supply
I would not use any rotary machine on wool, we would HWE
I know several low moisture guys would disagree with me, but that is my 43 years of experience speaking.
(11-20-2013, 10:12 AM)DON ELDRED Wrote: Talk to Rick at Excellent Supply
I know several low moisture guys would disagree with me, but that is my 43 years of experience speaking.

You're a scaredy pants Don Wink
The boys Down Under use the Cimex on wool all day long with nary a problem at all.
Yesterday 05:32 PM

(11-20-2013 10:12 AM)DON ELDRED Wrote: Talk to Rick at Excellent Supply

You're a scaredy pants Don Wink
The boys Down Under use the Cimex on wool all day long with nary a problem at all.

That includes one (1) man as well,............................ ME !!!!! Big Grin

I will not say that I have never been asked about the swirl marks, because I have, although not many times.

My answer has been, "Do you remember when your carpet was steam cleaned, there was a lot of straight lines left in the carpet that looked like a vee pattern"?

"Err yes"

"Well, consider this just a different version of the straight vee shaped lines, except that each and every fiber is being scrubbed on all sides of the fiber as is shown by the circular swirl pattern".

I have never lost a repeat performance because of the swirls.

Aside from this, in some stores that I have been cleaning monthly for nearly thirteen years, I can, with the Cimex, put a wave pattern across the carpet which appears to make it look like a sculptured carpet, which they, and their customers love".

This has got me more work because people liked what they saw.

I also do rake some carpets when I think it's necessary.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
We use the Cimex releasit combo on wool daily in our rug cleaning plant. It does a fabulous job. You will not be disappointed.