• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Lowboy is gone
The Oreck Lowboy is no more!

Why???

In case you haven't heard, Oreck went through bankruptcy. Read about it HERE
Therefore the old Lowboy's future under the Oreck label was highly questionable. What were we to do??? Simple. Step up to the plate and enter an arrangement with the folks who were building the machines for Oreck (you see Oreck never actually built this machine, it was built for them). And now they're being built for us. Smile

We're happy to introduce you to the VARIO!

[Image: Vario-logo.jpg]

Read about the VARIO here...
http://forum.excellent-supply.com/thread-918.html

[Image: vario-top-close.jpg]

Here's what the VARIO looks like with the Swingarm assembly and the Spray & Shower-feed system we designed.
[Image: vario_side.jpg]
Wow Cool rick!
This is great news. Congrats! The Oreck name was crappy since it reminded one of their cheap vacuum cleaners. I would bet most covered over the Oreck label with tape or something to keep their professional image.
(01-29-2014, 09:58 AM)FloorCareMD Wrote: This is great news. Congrats! The Oreck name was crappy since it reminded one of their cheap vacuum cleaners. I would bet most covered over the Oreck label with tape or something to keep their professional image.

You make a valid point. We didn't go down this path with that thought directly in mind, but I agree that having a name other than Oreck has its advantage.
My future machine Idea
Really nice machine Rick!
(01-31-2014, 04:32 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: Really nice machine Rick!

Thanks Judd. We think so too Smile
Smart move Rick! Now send me VARIO labels to cover up the Oreck name!! Just kidding Smile
(02-01-2014, 12:03 PM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: Smart move Rick! Now send me VARIO labels to cover up the Oreck name!! Just kidding Smile

We could do that Big Grin
Excellent Job
Rick great job as usual
I really like the design. It really looks futuristic.
Rick,
GREAT NEWS!!!!! I am glad that someone bought it that understands it and makes some of the best supplies in the industry for Encap and VLM.
I really wish you guys could change it back to the older Lowboy so you can get right up to the baseboards like Mayor Paul Brown was saying and also it would be great if you guys had a fixed tank and pump on the machine without the extra cords equipment and cost. But I know those things take time

MY FAVORITE IS THE "CARBON FIBER TWILL WEAVE V," I love composites if you ever need any composite help that is my true background and I have Solidworks at home also; its a 3d CAD program I am already working on glides.

I know that Airman Johnny Bravo asked them rent to own but they didn't want to spread the payments out.

Cheers,
Robb Antonelli
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi Robb,

Thanks for the comments on the Vario.

I know that you're thinking it would be nice to have a tank on the handle. I disagree. Having a separate sprayer provides so much more flexibility. You have the ability to easily switch between pre-spray and feeding the Vario. Plus keeping the weight off the handle makes the Vario super nimble to work with. Loading a 2-3 gallon tank on the machine makes for a dumpy handling machine. By comparison, the Vario handles like a sports car. And it's nice to have a full 5 gallons to work with - twice as much as a typical OP machine with the tank on the handle.

Take a look at the sprayer video and the Vario video below. Notice how the hose doesn't get in the way at all. It just naturally wants to trail along next to the power cord.

Using a Battery Sprayer

Encap and Bonnet Cleaning with the Vario Machine

P.S. Glad to hear you like the carbon fiber solution trigger cover Smile
HI Rick
can those wheels fit into a conqueror op machine to make it a walk behind machine?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
It wouldn't work. We designed the swingarm to mate up with the aluminum chassis of the Vario machine. I don't think it would work with the steel chassis of the Conqueror.