• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpet testing with the Cimex
I'm sure I remember that the Cimex was lab tested to do no damage to carpets, and I've also seen the inclusion of encapsulation with a Cimex as an interim method on a manufacturer's warranty, but is there any 1 link that will take me to a place with all this information already gathered?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Here is the test result from Professional Testing Laboratory in Dalton. PTL is the authoritative testing laboratory used by the CRI as well as the carpet manufacturers in Georgia for performing independent carpet tests. They ran the Cimex with Releasit and FiberPlus pads. They made not 1 pass, not 2 passes, not 3 passes (the number of passes we'd normally run a Cimex). In fact, they made 22 passes on a commercial CUT PILE carpet. The results? They deemed that the texture and appearance of the carpet was acceptable, as you can see from the test results. Feel free to pass this PDF to anyone who is curious about the safety of the Cimex.

http://www.cimex-usa.com/brochures/TestResult100742.pdf
Thanks, I knew I remembered this... I'm actually passing it onto a colleague in NJ. next, but I will pass it on to all who are interested!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Cool. :-)
I will gladly pass this information on... Cimex users need to know this! I remembered it, but incorrectly, I thought it was 28 passes...glad I didn't open my mouth and insert my foot!
I haven't done any true encap cleaning in the last few weeks, but I have done some awesome carpet restoration using my Cimex to work the pre conditioners in, what a truly amazing piece of equipment.
Kennesaw Georgia's premier cleaning and restoration company.
  Reply   Purge Spammer