This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cyclo

May 1 2009 at 5:11 PM
Shorty  

Does anyone here use the Cyclo twin orbital for cleaning upholstery ??

I remember seeing a few comments a long long time ago.

I procrastinated for a long time before buying one from a reputable supplier.

It is a remarkable piece of equipment that is in use daily.

Much lighter than Little Mak.

Delia always manages to get it before me if we are doing much upholstery.

She's quick, or I'm slowing down. wink.gif

The brushes allow any soil in grooves to come out easily.

Or you can also use the variable grades of pads, or the bonnets.

Simple two minute change over for both drives.

Ooroo,

Shorty.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

AuthorReply
CarpetMax

Re: Cyclo

May 1 2009, 7:14 PM 

Shorty:

What kind of brushes or pads are you using on your Cyclo?

Derek

love mine

May 1 2009, 7:28 PM 

use it on all commercial upholstery.

i used to use the medium white brushes, now i use the softer green. i found the white a lil too aggressive on some more delicate fabrics.

i think the softest brushes are gold, if memory serves me.

- prespray.
- cyclo.
- towel down.
- done.

Phil

Re: love mine

May 1 2009, 8:30 PM 

on 4 28 I wrote:

April 28 2009, 6:25 AM

I have a cyclo that I bought in 2002-3. I had it when I detailed RV's. I had gotten out of that business and gave it to a friend who did body-work (paint etc) for cars at a local Ford dealership. He used it almost daily back then.

He got out of the entire body thing and just paints now. I asked him about it a few months ago and he didn't use it anymore and gave it back to me.

I use it very very often. I LOVE it on stairs and in corners or behind areas my vento won't reach.

I get bounced around the back of my truck for miles and miles.

wipe it off and it looks brand new.

Use it with DS on stairs and they 'pop'. The 'crystals' from the encap juice dry on the tips on the brush so I just 'tap' it when I pull it from the truck and they clean right off.

On upholstery, the tool exceeds well BUT for slinging juice everywhere.

It is a smooth machine BUT with any extended use, the hands will vibrate to the point of itching when done. It is not a silent machine nor does it give cause for alarm. It simply makes a non caustic sound wherein anyone within a few feet can hear it. On stairs, if you let it hit the side or frame, it will 'knock' rather loud.

It is not very heavy, I'd guess 10-15 pounds?

I used the machine for hours and daily for about three years when I detailed RV's and it was held in a vertical position while I waxed the exterior of the RV. I then moved inside and used it on the carpet/upholstery inside the vehicle. It has been dropped, stored, bounced, kicked, cussed, handed from the roof of an RV to the crew on the ground by the chord and even fell off the back once.

Works like a charm.

No tool box is complete IMO without one.

Edit: I also want to add that I live close to Eckler's, they sell mainly after-market gear for corvettes, chevy's etc. They H-I-G-H-L-Y suggest this tool and sell it.

I have the brushes on it and have long lost the 'pads' but am unsure how well the pads would work for 'pad-capping' but the brush is soft enough to use on carpet with care. However, if held in place tip bloom is an issue. Easily bypassed by insuring light pressure and rapid movement.

Current Topic - Cyclo
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com