This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

First Orbot job

May 8 2009 at 9:21 AM
Joe Gilstrap 

First, if you don't count my own home. Did our quarterly cleaning of hospital last night. About 3,500 sq. ft. Loved it. Actually went a little faster than the Cimex, and that was with the 17 inch driver. Very smooth. The quality of the Orbot is well past any other OP on the market.

Negatives:
This is not really a negative, but I was hoping that I could lift it in and out of the Van. Too heavy. I have a nice ramp which solved that problem. Also, the wheels are sooo nice, they make it easy to maneuver and it goes up and down stairs easily.

The spray button made my thumb hurt after a while. Would rather have a squeeze trigger for the sprayer.

Am thinking about changing spray jets. I feel that the jets are too large, and dump way too much solution. Tried pulsing the spray, but that resulted in dry areas.

In conclusion, it's a keeper. The quality and smoothness make the Orbot a pleasure to work with. My complaints are minimal and should be easily resolved over time.

This message has been edited by joeg345 on May 8, 2009 9:24 AM

AuthorReply
David

Re: First Orbot job

May 8 2009, 9:47 AM 

I would suggest to you that you use the red lever and adjust how much solution you want to dispense. I tried different jets and went back to what it came with.

We use Microfiber, or the thin lines and always keep it pegged on the wet pass with out any over wetting so far.

Glad you like the Orbot, we maybe getting a second one soon.

Mo

First Orbot Job

May 8 2009, 9:47 AM 

Thanks for the review Joe.

I have a couple of questions. How much does the Orbot weigh? Have you ever cleaned the hospital using another OP machine? If so how much time did you with the Orbot? How much faster was it with compared to the Cimex? Thanks.

Jeff

Re: First Orbot Job

May 8 2009, 12:07 PM 

Joe- what pads did you use, what chem and what dilution rate?

Jeff

May 8 2009, 12:08 PM 

Joe- what pads did you use, what chem and what dilution rate?

Joe Gilstrap

May 8 2009, 7:49 PM 

Used Gladiator pads. Releasit Basic @ 8oz per gal.

I haven't thought of using the red flow valve to cut solution rate. That may be my answer.

As far as speed goes, the Orbot and Cimex seem to be pretty close. I have always used the Cimex on the hospital account. 3,500 sq ft always takes about 2 hrs and 10 minutes, which includes pre-vac. Last night we were done in 2hrs. One vacuuming and one cleaning.

I should also mention that I had the 17inch driver on the Orbot. The larger driver would be even faster on commercial.

The Orbot weighs about 85 lbs, but it feels about as heavy as the Cimex when I lift it. I can lift the Orbot, but it is definitely a strain that I wouldn't want to do on a daily basis. I consider myself my most valuable piece of equipment, so I don't want to break me. The ramp I have is not a problem. It is a folding dog ramp. Works great and takes up little space.

Current Topic - First Orbot job
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com