This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

inexperience vs restaurant

July 15 2009 at 1:43 AM
Jim M 

Just picked up a Cimex last Tuesday, thanks Rick (the Northern one). 1st test was at home on a couple of small areas of burber, seemed to work fine. 2nd test was in a commercial setting where we were hwe, Cimexed 3 offices (one of which was the dirtiest in the building), 2 runners and a wool loop style area rug / foyer mat.

I had told my son to move the Cimex out to the mat and to get the jug of ds so I could see if it was compatible with natural fibers. Next thing I know he is running the Cimex on the wool. :0 It looked great, didn't have a chance to get back to the job to post inspect yet.

Anyway landed a restaurant for this weekend. The owner called and asked for a break on a hwe quote I did for him a few weeks back. Offered him a premium low moisture cleaning for 15% less than the hwe quote and he went for it. The heavy traffic lanes are showing some black in them.

My limited low moisture arsenal consists of encap ds, beige and gray pads. Then I have shelves full of my regular hwe juices. Any suggestions on how to go about this Cimex cleaning?

Thanks
Jim

This message has been edited by jimmorz on Jul 15, 2009 1:49 AM

AuthorReply
Jeff

Re: inexperience vs restaurant

July 15 2009, 5:29 AM 

Gray pads work well for me, if you have Punch prespray with it, if not mix DS 6-8-oz per gal for pre spray and same for Cimex tank,hottest water works the best. 1 wet pass 2 dry passes should do the trick.

You should be impressed with the results.

Rick Gelinas

Re: inexperience vs restaurant

July 15 2009, 7:54 AM 

Jeff nailed that one perfectly. I agree 100%. Follow what he said to the letter and you should be pleased with the results! Let us know how you made out (bring a camera).

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

rick lord

Not perfect I know

July 15 2009, 11:14 PM 

Here's a pic of a country club restaurant we did using the same method Jeff described. It came out well and the customer was EXTREMELY PLEASED and stated that even though we were more than they had been paying they were sticking with us from now on as we were the only company that had made it look any different. Funny thing is I told my guys we're encapping cause they didn't want to pay much and I not spending all night HWEing for nothing.
(i know I'll probably get flamed, picked a part or receive some nasty emails from the CCing purists) Fact is I thought we could do it better but met with them and told them it needed to be done again to remove to really make a permanent improvement and get rid of everything but they said they were happy and we would do it again in 6 mths.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Current Topic - inexperience vs restaurant
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com