This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Need info on Fiber Plus pads

July 21 2009 at 9:36 PM
Anonymous  

Someone tell me the benefits of
Fiber Plus pads and the Max pads.
I use 19" Orbot.Questions I need
answered are-

1)Be used on resi.?

2)CGD acct's I have need different approach.
Started with Tuways now use glads.Fiber Plus
or HOS cotton pads best to dig the dirt out

3)Do I need to change Plus pads
like I do Tuways and Glads or does
one pad go the distance?

4)Do they need to be wet?

5)Will they work on Berber?

Thanks

AuthorReply
Bill Martins

Pads

July 22 2009, 12:20 AM 

The Fiber Plus pads can be used on berber residential carpet. I would not use them for any other fiber on resi due to major tip blooming. You can use those pads for berber on your op and or a cimex. They can also be used for commercial if the cgd is not super dirty.

They gotta be wet/moisture, use your prespray for this.

On commercial depending on soil load they both can last a very long, i've used both fiber pads on greasy restaurants with a cimex and i personally feel the fiber max does a better much on heavy soil which is what it is intended for.

You won't need to change the pads if you are straight encapping. You could use them as a nice prescrub followed by your glads.

The best thing to do is to TEST it out first. See what you prefer.

This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 22, 2009 12:23 AM
This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 22, 2009 12:22 AM

Anonymous

Re: Need info on Fiber Plus pads

July 22 2009, 1:04 AM 

Thanks Bill for the response.
Should I buy Fiber Plus and the Max pads
instead of the cotton?
You also said the pads only need to be moist.
So your basically saying no soaking in 5 gln buckets?

Also do you need a glider on the Fiber Plus pads?

This message has been edited by Lexcor on Jul 22, 2009 1:09 AM

Rick Gelinas

Re: Need info on Fiber Plus pads

July 22 2009, 7:14 AM 

FiberPlus pads are used for straight encap work. They're highly effective on commercial carpet. On the CIMEX or a rotary there's essentially no possibility of damage to any carpet. With an OP, there is a good possibility of tip bloom on cut pile carpet using an OP. As a general rule, you can feel free to use the standard FiberPlus pads on a Cimex or a rotary machine, and use them with discretion on an OP machine.

The FiberPlus Max pads are about 20% more aggressive than the soft standard FiberPlus pads. The FiberPlus Max pads are only for durable commercial carpets, such as loop carpets. They FiberPlus Max are handy for soiled CGD carpets where you need some extra power in the cleaning. They don't last as long as the standard FiberPlus pads, but they can really make your job easier, when you're cleaning a heavily soiled loop commercial carpet.

In any case, always use caution and be observant, no matter what form of agitation you are introducing to any fiber. And always make certain that the fiber and the agitation device is well lubricated with detergent (this applies to any type of pad, bonnet, or brush).

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

This message has been edited by cimex on Jul 22, 2009 7:19 AM

Joe M

FP Max are the bomb

July 22 2009, 11:20 AM 

I just did a job today, eye dr. Real cheapo kind of guy, went from every 6 months to now a year cleaning. Went in today July 22 and carpet is trashed. Used punch as pre spray, ds in my tank on my 17 roto with a FP Max. I also post paded a little in the major areas with a cotton pad. This guy was so happy, its a ten year old comm loop and its in great shap for its age and looks five yrs young when I am done.

But he still only wants it done once a year.

But anyway the max pads are the best for this guys biz.

I need to order another case.

Al Taylor

Re: FP Max are the bomb

July 22 2009, 3:29 PM 

Hey Joe,

Order the monthly special and ger a box free.

Current Topic - Need info on Fiber Plus pads
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com