This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

ORBOT machine W/- Spray System

July 30 2009 at 3:34 AM
David  

RICK / FELLOW TECH'S:
The way the Cimex delivers the Encap Solution to the carpet surface is brillant (througth fibre pad/spreads througth the pad on to the carpet ensures even coverage & lubicates the Pads)plus excellant overall coverage of solution.
I have a problem with the Above Orbot Machine W/-Spray System (latest one 2 jet system)In setting up the Spray system it has to be set up so it gives good even spread of Solution.
I have set the jets to around 250mm in front of Pad driver (set Solution valve 1/3 open)
Problem: 1. Cleaning commercial carpet say Poly', the solution when applied drops througth the carpet surface very quickly (80% plus) by the time the Pads approach the area there very little left to clean the carpet & Lubicate the Fibre pads adequitly (lack of lubication means Larger pooling or knots of Pad surface which contrubite to self distruction of Pads)
2. Consumption of solution is dri-matically more than the Cimex.
Rick! Studying the orginal Spray System Setup (5 Jet system),Seem to me a better setup for:
It Applies solution closer(25mm) to Pad driver hence more solution on surface(reduceing solution Flow) for Cleaning & ensureing there more avaliable solution to Lubicating Pads plus protencially reduces solution usage.

FEED BACK GUYS

Cheers !!!

AUSSIE WEST

AuthorReply
Joe Gilstrap

Re: ORBOT machine W/- Spray System

July 30 2009, 2:26 PM 

I changed the jets in my Orbot. It comes with 06 jets. I changed to 03. I like th 03 jets a lot better. The orginal ones are way to large in my opinion. Now I can leave the valve completely open and use much less solution.

RichardC.

July 30 2009, 2:58 PM 

Joe do you feel it cleans just as well and just as fast with the 03's?

Rick Gelinas

July 30 2009, 4:37 PM 

Just for the record. I thought the 5 jet design was better too. Not really sure why Jeff opted for the 2 jet design.
(In fact it was my wife who named the original 5 jet version - she said it looked like The Borg from Star Trek, and the name stuck)

Our tests found that the .06 tip was ideal for encapping. And you can just back off the valve if you need less flow.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

Joe Gilstrap

July 30 2009, 6:04 PM 

Richard, in my opinion, yes. Plus I feel that I have more control. With the 06 jets there was entirely to much product being dispensed for my liking. I felt the need to push the machine realy fast to avoid overwetting. I tried contolling the spray with the red handle valve, but the problem I had with that was more spray came from the left jet than the right one, which left an uneven foam trail. With the 03 jets I can leave the valve open and get the same flow from both jets.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. The jets I purchased were 6506.

David

July 30 2009, 7:36 PM 

I like the jets that come with mine, honesty i do not know what size they are but I remember trying smaller one and changed back to the larger one with in 5 minutes.

I always run it wide open, keep the tigger pressed going down the hall dry pass on the way back (Encaping) I use it to scrub in pre spray all the time before using HWE in homes

Thomas Owens

July 30 2009, 9:03 PM 

You guys don't have a problem with atomized solution? With smaller jets wouldn't you be breathing in more solution?

Joe Gilstrap

July 30 2009, 10:58 PM 

Releasit products are 100% healthy. They actually make you live longer.

Current Topic - ORBOT machine W/- Spray System
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com