This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex or Orbot

August 6 2009 at 4:06 PM
Harold Paulsen  

Which one is better & why ?

AuthorReply
Bill Martins

?

August 6 2009, 6:13 PM 

There is no better or worse.

Depends on what you intend to use them for. Let us know what are your intentions so we can better answer your question.

They are both great.

Bill

This message has been edited by bmartins on Aug 6, 2009 6:16 PM

Joe Gilstrap

Re: ?

August 6 2009, 7:27 PM 

Orbot!!!!!!

David

August 6 2009, 9:13 PM 

I like single disk machines for me it is the Orbot, many like the Cimex better, it is a matter of preference and what you are comfortable with to me.

Thomas Owens

August 7 2009, 5:58 AM 

Both of them are better! happy.gif

Better than any other low moisture/multi-purpose machines I have used at least.

RichardC

Re: Cimex or Orbot

August 7 2009, 10:43 AM 

Both great machines, we have a pair of each.

The Cimex is much higher production, using fiber plus pads. The Orbot is no slouch in production, but not as fast as the Cimex.

Cimex uses fiber plus pads (consumes) and the Orbot uses cotton or blended pads (washing, eventually consuming).

The Orbot cleaning dries faster because it uses less moisture so it can be a real plus for low moisture situations.

With the planetary gear action the Cimex is hard to compete for aggressiveness when heavily soiled.

With the Orbot you can visually see the soil removed from the carpet and transferred on to the pads. A real bonus for demo's.

Buy one of each, maybe Rick can make you a deal!

Bill Martins

Both

August 7 2009, 3:08 PM 

Last night I used the cimex with fiber maxes in filthy 300 sqft cgd resty. I have pictures but i don't think they will look that great since they were taken with my blackberry.

I used the OP(15 in pad driver w/ 19 in pads) with cotton followed by glads with punch boosted, followed with cimex with fiber max with DS @ 6 oz/gallon, it was a night and day difference. The best part is no wicking the next day.

Took me 2-3 hours almost by myself, I also prevacced in every direction of the carpet fiber and post vacced as well due to cottons fibers coming loose. This was the 1st cleaning for this facility so i wanted to take the time. They had 2k carpet as well but yanked it out and put laminate because of how nasty it was.

In this scenario the op/cimex combo was a must, i did another area of the one i was working on started with cimex first and the end result was not as nice as picking up the soil first. But using both systems came out great. If it was light/med soil i would've been done in 30 mins with Cimex only.

I went thru 6 glads both sides(black) and 10 cotton both sides(black), 3 maxes(thin now).

Bill

This message has been edited by bmartins on Aug 7, 2009 3:24 PM
This message has been edited by bmartins on Aug 7, 2009 3:12 PM
This message has been edited by bmartins on Aug 7, 2009 3:09 PM

David

Re: Both

August 8 2009, 7:50 AM 

You can use Fiber plus pads on a Orbot also, we use beige pads on our with great results.

Current Topic - Cimex or Orbot
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com