This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Soil Load

August 10 2009 at 4:20 PM
iluvcarpet2 

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well and staying busy. I have a question for anyone to answer. I did a job last night with the cimex and hwe. I was a glue down commercial carpet that I have been cleaning for about 2 yrs. It was not in the best shape when I started cleaning it. I try to do a hwe cleaning once a year to flush the heavy soil out of the carpet fibers. I did a double clean last night. Hwe and cimex. I found after cleaning if I ran a terry cloth on the carpet the white cloth was really dirty. What gives. I used a very high ph cleaner and cimex with ds to finish. I also bonnet with the cimex and didn't get much soil transfer to the terry pads. Any suggestions. First time this has happen. Also I might buy a op machine that I will follow up after I clean with the cimex. Whats the best one for the price. I want to spend the least amount possible. THanks

AuthorReply
David

Re: Soil Load

August 10 2009, 4:56 PM 

Your question is two fold, why are you getting soil transfer and what OP machine to purchase.

I'll work in reverse order, you get what you pay for so do not cheap any equipment you by out doing so you short change your long term investment.

I really like the Orbot, buy the sprayer with it. We did a 7k bowling ally last night in 4 1/2 hours this includes loading all my stuff in the van again, BSing with the night manager the whole night as I was cleaning moving furniture , you get the drift. the 20 inch pad driver in my view works best.

Now for the soil transfer, there is no way you can ever get all the soil out of a carpet, even though it may look the contrary.

One great advantage to using encaping is even though a soil load can still present is does not show and in theory is encapsulated for easier vacuuming when dried.
In your case the carpet may still have been wet enough to give you that transfer to the towel. If I was to take a towel to the job i did last night 99% sure I would have gotten soil on the towel.
The carpet looks great client is happy they vacuum daily I see no problem. Never have had any re soiling issues to date.

Lastly the PH of your cleaning chem is not really going to determine how clean the carpeting gets, we use a chem that is actually on the opposite side of the equation and it works fantastic.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Soil Load

August 10 2009, 5:02 PM 

Dang David, there's nothing more that I could add to your response. You nailed it, well stated!

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

Current Topic - Soil Load
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com