This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Orbot vs. Challenger

September 27 2009 at 7:17 PM
Matt 

Ive been lookin for some time to get a new machine to replace my challenger. I know the Orbot will do a better job, but im wondering how cumbersome it is.

I have the 3/4hp challenger, and it can be a pain to carry up stairs (although nothing like a mex!) I'm wondering if any one who uses the orbot in homes finds it to be:

1. easy to lift
2. easy maneuverability
3. low vibration

For the money I would like to find the older floor model version HOS, she looks like a sweet machine and just what I need. However I cannot find it for sale anywhere!

Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated!

AuthorReply
David Hebert

Re: Orbot vs. Challenger

September 27 2009, 8:34 PM 

The Orbot is a snap to bring up and down stairs, compared to the Challenger you will be dancing.

No way I would be OPing if it was not with the Orbot.
If winter was not around the cornet I would be ordering my second one for the emergency vehicle, although if we keep going on we will get another any how.

Get the package with both size drivers, if you strip and wax or do wood floors get the weights for it also.

It is like walking a burnisher on VCT but you are doing carpet cleaning.

One thing for sure is the Spray Option is a must.
We do lots of Apt rental turn overs and contact renewal cleaning with the Orbot.
My times are much quicker then any other way I used before, now i can charge a littel lower price for each unit but do more of them and come out with a good days pay by 2 pm.

Every Thursday is APT day

David

As Alway the people at Excellent Supply will give you great service

Joe Gilstrap

Re: Orbot vs. Challenger

September 27 2009, 11:19 PM 

David is right on! Orbot all the way. There isn't another OP on the market that will compare with it's versatility. The Orbot is the most user-friendly OP I have ever used, and I have owned several different OP machines.

I never lift the Orbot for any reason. The wheels make it easy to move anywhere you need to go without lifting. I use a ramp to get it in and out of the van.

The handle can be adjusted on the fly making it easy to OP in so many situations, even in a closet.

I just can't say enough good about the Orbot. I'll put it this way, if a company ever builds a OP machine that is more user friendly than the Orbot I will be one suprised dude.

Current Topic - Orbot vs. Challenger
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com