This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

My klucking noise from mex driver

October 25 2009 at 3:32 PM
Ades Gros  

There has been a klucking noise coming from my cimex for a long time. For some reason its worst turning one way then other. I have looked at it before didn't really see anything. So today was cleaning it up took the white plastic cover off. Looked at belt for wear. And i noticed one of the drums that the belt goes around looks like there is 6 spot welds holding drum to pad driver hub.

The drum is coming loose from the hub maybe 3 of the spot welds are coming loose. Is that all one piece?

Thinking maybe replacing it or taking it off and having it rewelded?

Has anybody done this before?

Thanks

Ades

AuthorReply

Kevin Pearson

Re: My klucking noise from mex driver

October 25 2009, 10:04 PM 

While I have replaced those parts on one of my machines. I haven't welded on that piece. You should be able to weld it and then grind it flat with the other welds. Worst case scenario is the welding doesn't work and you have to buy another one. Give it a try.

Joe M

Maybe

October 25 2009, 10:28 PM 

Maybe the doohickey lost it torque and needs to be reconnected to the flagastat primer bolt.

Sorry I just had to say doohickey.

EncapDrew

Re: My klucking noise from mex driver

October 26 2009, 11:11 AM 

I would suggest getting it rewelded. You most likely do not even need to remove it from the machine! If you do though, there is just one nut in the center that hold it on where the solution comes out. Make sure you don't loose the spacer! If you wanted to Replace it you can only do so as a whole assembly with bearings and everything for $142.80 plus shipping.

Ades Gros

Do i

October 26 2009, 7:46 PM 

Thanks Drew, it looks like its welded from the top , What i'm seeing looks like the heat marks on the bottom.

Do i need to remove the internal snap ring too ? or just the nut. looking at the drum there is 2 threaded holes like to maybe screw some bolts into to use a puller to remove it.

Kevin Pearson

Re: Do i

October 27 2009, 8:33 AM 

Ades,

You should be able to slip the pulley right off once you remove the nut in the center. Don't loose the spacer though, like Drew said.

EncapDrew

October 27 2009, 5:44 PM 

HA HA, I said that because when Kevin was working on his machine he lost the space and it took us a while to figure out what the problem was! No there is no reason to remove the snap ring, that holds the bearing in!

Ades Gros

October 27 2009, 6:05 PM 

LOL ok guys thanks when ( if ) it slows up around here i'll pull it off

Kevin Pearson

October 27 2009, 6:21 PM 

That's funny because I said it should just slip right off once the nut is off because that is what Drew told me and 4 hours later the old rusted parts finally came off.

Have fun Ades and let us know how easy it was when you get time to work on it.

Shorty

Chooks ???

October 27 2009, 11:04 PM 

Clucking noise ???

Have you checked for broody chooks ??

Also be on the lookout for any eggs.

These blend in well with the Mex's yellow colour & are easily missed.

Touch wood, I have had virtually NO problems with my Mex; in four years.

Now watch the sky fall on me for being a smartie. wink.gif

Thanks for all the tips, I may need them next week.

Ooroo,

Shorty.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Current Topic - My klucking noise from mex driver
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com