This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Encap then HWE ?

December 6 2009 at 4:24 PM
Anonymous  

I know the commonly accepted method for this combination is to HWE then encap, but I have heard some good reviews by encapping then HWE.

Does any one do this, if so do you use an encap rinse also or just plain water?

Thanks.

AuthorReply
Shorty

Dead leper ???????

December 6 2009, 4:39 PM 

Sounds like a horrible incurable disease. ?????

In your scenario, I would say, (although I don't know if this is the case), that people are probably SCRUBBING with the Cimex/encap; solution, then rinse/extracting.

For this, I can see no reason to add an acid rinse, unless you were worried about overwetting the carpet and possible cellulosic browning or wicking problems.

Personally, I have done what you first suggested, I scrub and rinse with an RX-20, then encap with the Mex; and Releasit solution.

No browning nor wicking problems with this method.

Hope this makes sense and may be of some use to you.

Maybe some of the much smarter guys than I will chip in as well.??

Ooroo,

Shortwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Kevin Pearson

Re: Dead leper ???????

December 6 2009, 7:00 PM 

Personally, I like scrubbing with Cimex/Releasit then follow with HWE. It works really well to agitate first just like you learn in IICRC carpet cleaning classes. The bad part is you loose the encapsulation properties of the Releasit. However, you can encap again to have those properties left. I only use this rarely but in certain situations it can really help you in your cleaning. Such as restaurants that haven't been cleaned in years, transmission repair shops, entry ways to commercial buildings where new asphalt has been laid in the parking lot, etc.

Ken

Re: Encap then HWE ?

December 7 2009, 9:26 AM 

The problem we had when we did this was all the stains wicked back sad.gif

Flush first then encap.

EncapDrew

Re: Encap then HWE ?

December 8 2009, 10:51 AM 

Encapsulation and Hot Water Extraction can work together with great results! When you use HWE it is a good practice to agitate then extract. If you use an Encap product such as Releasit Punch or HydrOx for your pre spray and rinse you have the crystallizing polymers to help remove even more soil. Any of the rinse that is not removed will crystallize and be removed in the vacuuming process, thus leaving no sticky residue to attract soils!

This message has been edited by cimex on Dec 10, 2009 3:36 PM
This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Dec 8, 2009 11:03 AM

Ken

dual method cleaning

December 9 2009, 10:21 AM 

Back in the 90's we use to shampoo with "Professional Shampoo" from chemspec then HWE with textile rinse. we got great results, happy customers and no wick back BUT we used a  ton of water and a ton of labour.

A few months ago, I tried that again but this time used Hydrox  in the cimex AND in the extractor. (cimex first then HWE)

Results? major wick back...as in every stain came back.

The fix was to just go back over the whole thing 4 weeks later with DS only.

Ken

Rick Gelinas

Wicking explained

December 10 2009, 3:29 PM 

Ken, the wicking you experienced was NOT a result of the Encap-HydrOx. Wicking is caused by soil embedded at the base of the fiber and at the backing of the carpet. Embedded soil causes wicking. If the soil remains at the backing of the carpet, and you get the embedded soil wet --- it's going to wick up the fiber during drying. That's capillary action - basic science.

Detergent choice has very little bearing on wicking. The only discernible variable with detergents-and-wicking that you're likely to notice is when an encap detergent contains crystallizing polymers and fluoro-chemistry (like Releasit products) which will actually reduce wicking to a certain extent. However, if you're getting embedded soil damp - it's gonna wick - that's simply the nature of the beast.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

Anonymous

Re: Wicking explained

December 10 2009, 4:55 PM 

Your right shorty.... it's genetic

Thanks for all the replies.

I did try this method and it worked very well, the carpet was a beige nylon, cut pile, mid height, in a kids playroom, it was very messy. I will upload some photos when I get a chance.

DS alone cleaned it very well, a transformation and about 90% clean, I could have stopped there. However the steam removed almost all remaining spots and ghost spots that just did not want to budge with the DS alone to get the carpet to about 98% clean with only two red spots remaining.

I just used water to rinse with, but perhaps punch in the rinse may be a good idea to capture any wickback?

This message has been edited by deadleper on Dec 15, 2009 11:07 PM

Ken

Re: not blaming the Releasit product

December 11 2009, 9:15 AM 

I apologize if anybody thought I was blaming the Releasit product. I was just pointing out that with encap and dual method I now prefer to extract first and scrub second.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Ken

Current Topic - Encap then HWE ?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com