This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

makita 9227cx3 on residential upholstery?

December 15 2009 at 2:36 PM
XTREME2001 

Hi all, this is my first post to the forum. I ordered the makita 9227 that everyone talks about and was wondering if it is safe to use on residential upholstery. If so what is the preferred method? Ive heard prespray with ds and use the tuway bonnets on the makita but wasn't sure if that was for commercial or residential? I usually HWE upholstery but sometimes I am just not happy with the results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AuthorReply
Rambo

Re: makita 9227cx3 on residential upholstery?

December 15 2009, 5:50 PM 

I am a fan of the Makita 9227-C for furniture both resi and comm. I use the Encap Basic and 100% cotton bonnets from Plus Mfg. the maker of Procyon. It is a fast system, today I cleaned a sofa and Lazy Boy chair in 35 minutes. If furniture is nasty, we use the truckmount and the DriMaster tool.

Shorty

Different strokes for different folks.

December 15 2009, 6:13 PM 

Down under, we're a bit slower than our upstairs cousins. wink.gif

I use basically the same principle as Rambo with the Makita, which incidently, was shown to me a few years ago by Gary H Heacock, the Master himself.

I think. ??? wink.gif

When we get the "nasties", I prescrub with the "Little Mac", then also extract with the Drimaster.

Commercial or residential, it all gets the same treatment.

Sometimes with the greasy ones in commercial & also residential, I need to get a bit more aggressive, this is when I need to use a solvent type product.

I will agitate with "Little Mac", then rinse with my spotting machine, followed up by encapping with the "Little Mac".

Although I have had my anchor (read truckmount), sitting in my van for many years, this Christmas it is coming out and being replaced by my TF3500 porty;

I have been finding that with my work I am using the t/m very little, so I will cut down on weight and space and slip in the porty; for those odd jobs where needed.

The boat anchor will probably go into a trailer after a re-build.

Hope this helps.

Ooroo,

Shortwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Anonymous

hey shorty

December 15 2009, 9:48 PM 

thanks for the info guys, one question for shorty, do you always use the cotton bonnets for resi upholstery? i can't seem to find a website for plus mfg. to order cotton bonnets. will the 8" cimex tuways from rick work? if not let me know a place where i can order the correct ones. and also do you need to get a separate driver to attach the bonnets to the makita or will the one that comes with it work?
thanks again.

Shorty

Sorry, I'se confused

December 16 2009, 3:48 AM 

I also use the Tuway bonnets.

I haven't seen the cotton ones down under, but then again, I do live in the sticks.

Thing to remember, you're not gouging the fabric.

I often show the customer how gentle the Little Mac is by starting it running, then holding it with one hand, place the spinning bonnet on my other hand.

This allays any fears they may have had of you doing any damage to their furniture.

Ooroo,

Shorty.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Current Topic - makita 9227cx3 on residential upholstery?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com