This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

This is not funny, I apologise.

December 22 2009 at 4:17 AM
Shorty 

Recently, someone, somewhere, on a carpet cleanering forum, reference was made to me as being a superman, or some such words.

This I believe, is due to the relevant ease with which I manouver my Big Yella around, in and out of tight spaces, up and down four flights of stairs, in and out of my little van, etc;

I think you get the picture.

Elsewhere, in my ignorance, I accused some people of being WIMPS, in that they find Big Yella too hard, too big, too awkward, too heavy to use, you name it, they found it.

I had already explained that MY Big Yella had been modifed with the main modification being 12" wheels with pneumatic tires, (see, I can even spell like an American wink.gif ).

These large wheels and soft tyres allow me to do things as a 65 year, old that kids in their teens find hard to do.

Well, every dog has it's day and yours came yesterday.

After about three years, my tyres had worn down so much that if a copper had of grabbed me, I would've been put off the road, slammed in the clink and the key chucked away.

To wit, I got a staple in one tire which deflated my tube, not to mention my ego. sad.gif

"That doesn't worry me" sez this smarty, "I'se got my old original wheels at home", ha ha.

On the way home though, I made a few calls but was unable to get any new wheels or tires.

So I get home, rip off the bigguns and slip the oldies back on.

Then I tried to push Big Yella up the ramps into me van.

Crikey, this ain't such a good idea. sad.gif

So I get to me first job today, only up one flight of stairs, piece a cake.

Yeh, sure..........

Every step was a mountain, and coming back down was just as hard.

Hard tires clunking onto each step, instead of that smooth cushion of air going up and down.

In a bucket of sweat, I arrive at the first floor and fill up the tank with juice.

No problem, nice direct stick poly; done this a hundred times.

"Flamin' heck, how do you push this monster with a full tank of juice" !!!!!!!

And the weights all offset with these tiny wheels for such a short man. sad.gif

And where I used to roll straight over me extension lead, now this was like 2" sticks in the way. sad.gif

I ain't as smart as I used to be. sad.gif

LUCKILY, when Connections was last on, I got young Jim Bethel to ask his Dad to bring back a kit from Rick Gelinas with the new axle and big wheels.

So yesty;, I was straight on the blower, and as luck would have it, they still had them, so now they are on the way to my joint, 1,100 miles north.

To all those people that I called WIMPS, I profusely apologise.

Now, to all those WIMPS, get out there and get a set of the big wheels and make carpet cleaning a joy to behold once more.

The difference they make is astronomical, not to mention phenomenal, if I may take a page from Howie's book. wink.gif

They say that one never misses anything until it is gone.

With the Big Wheels, this is especially true.

The second job was a large, no, I won't go there, I'se too embarrassed. ;-(

Ooroo,

sad.gif

PS ::: Big Yella is an excellent piece of machinery, the BIG WHEEL KIT makes it the ultimate monay making machine.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Dec 22, 2009 4:19 AM

AuthorReply
Harold Paulsen

Big Wheels

December 22 2009, 6:56 AM 

Thanks, you have sold me. Merry Christmas !!!!

RichardC.

Re: This is not funny, I apologise.

December 22 2009, 9:58 AM 

I called you Superman and it wasn't meant as a joke.

You are Superman doing what you do for someone of your age.

The flat tire was merely your Kryptonite! LOL

[linked image]

Thomas Owens

December 22 2009, 2:21 PM 

We always get used to new things and feel that its normal....until we go back to the old way and get a rude awakening!

Now you will have a renewed appreciation for those big wheels! I have them on my Mex and love them, too! Must admit that I take them for granted as well though.

Rick Gelinas

December 23 2009, 6:25 AM 

Hey Shorty,

Your title of this thread says "This is not funny, I apologize." Well Shorty, I hate to disagree with you, but your post was as witty as ever. You should be a copywriter / author / entertainer / comedian. I always love your perspective. Keep up the good work. You're still a Superman happy.gif

P.S. I.m glad to hear that you like the Big Boy wheels!!!!

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

Shorty

ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 24 2009, 9:36 AM 

Stop it please, I'm getting embarrassed and acquiring an obsessive complex.

But thanks for the kind words. happy.gif

Ooroo,

Shortwun.

www.get.shorty.com.au

Mark Anthony

Tire Question....

December 24 2009, 4:06 PM 

Hey Shorty, great message.
Question: The tires that went flat on the 12" you said it went flat because of a staple and then you went back to the old set and then you purchased the set from Rick. Are the tires from rick a non-flat tire that holds no air, because if they hold air like your other air tires, what is the difference between Rick's and those ones?

Thanx :~}
Mark Anthony

Afterglow Carpet Care

Shorty

Rising above the rest

December 24 2009, 4:44 PM 

Hi Mark, go to the post up above happy.gif

Ooroo,

Shortwun

www.get.shorty.com.au

Current Topic - This is not funny, I apologise.
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com