This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

I hate commercial

January 2 2010 at 5:35 AM
Shorty 

I hate commercial work.

Picked up some keys from a general cleaner a couple of days ago, and she casuually commented that the job should take no more than three hours.

I had briefly walked the premises before and said that I reckoned 6 - 7 hours.

"No way" she said, "ya gotta be slow or inexperienced if ya can't do it in three hours".

So I did the job today, took me five hours and forty minutes.

Then I measured it up.

807 square metres.

This is equivalent to roughly 8,686 square feet, I think.

@ $1.65M2, it was a nice little job. wink.gif

I did one a bit smaller and a bit quicker yesterday at the same rate.

Have another one to do next weekend, same as today.

I'm glad I don't have this sheila quoting jobs for me. wink.gif

Oh yeah, I also used 3.5 litres of juice, less than a gallon.

Also, I did have furniture & other (*^%$ to move, otherwise it would have been quicker, plus the smaller rooms slowed me down & I feel made me use more juice than on the open areas.

How does this compare with Florida's usage and dollars. ??

I hate this work, happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Jan 2, 2010 9:58 PM

AuthorReply
Mark Anthony

Commercial or Residential

January 3 2010, 1:26 AM 

Do you do allot of residential work with your Cimex Shorty

Thanx :~}
Mark Anthony

Afterglow Carpet Care

Shorty

OoooooooooooooWaaaaaaaaaaaa

January 4 2010, 5:28 AM 

I'm gonna get my hands smacked here. happy.gif

I don't wish to start any on-forum quarrel here, so I'll just state the facts.

I will not enter into any encap; bashing from anyone that disagrees with this post.

You, as much as I, are entitled to your own views, if they differ from mine, so be it.

YES, I must admit, you asked the question, so I'll be up front.

I do Cimex a lot of residential properties.

Some, I even extract after I have Mex'd them.

Just last week I did a job, three bedrooms, hall and large lounge room.

FIVE CONTAINERS FULL IN MY DYSON BALL VACUUM CLEANER.

It took me a long time to clean them, and I charged accordingly.

The couple were very thankful, and phoned me two days later to tell me how happy they were, and that this was the first time they had not been ill after having their carpets cleaned.

So it does make me wonder about all the hype put around by some people that use a different method to clean, and slam encap; all the time.

I have been told time & again not to encap; residential, but how do you tell someone that you won't encap; their carpet when they specifically ask you to do so. ??

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Charles

Encap Prices

January 4 2010, 7:12 AM 

Shorty:

.12 - .14 for the amount you cleaned is fair. The lady expected you might be slow, more than 3 hrs is because she got shafted by another company who sprayed water & sucked it up. Was it clean when they finished? No. If they were so great she would have called them back.

Encap residential: Nothing wrong with it unless there is urine.
I encap my own carpet & see nothing wrong with it. I have a customer who only wants it cleaned that way. But of course there is always a big bad carpet cleanig Redneck out there who is always better than anyone else. Just ignore them. happy.gif

Don Eldred

Re: Encap Prices

January 4 2010, 2:27 PM 

Shorty, we are in the People Pleasing Business,and not the Carpet Cleaning Business, so if what you do is pleasing your clients, than keep on doing it!!!!

This message has been edited by CLEANEX on Jan 4, 2010 2:29 PM

Mark Hart

January 6 2010, 3:52 PM 

Hi Guys. I know I haven't been around for awhile. Anyway I just happened to check to see what's happening and this post struck me as interesting. If encap works, what difference does it make whether the carpet is commercial or residential. Does the carpet know the difference? We use whatever we think works best. I cleaned a trashed resi carpet yesterday, the same way Shorty did with the same results.

I may not post again for a while, but, I'm glad to see you guys hanging in there. By the way winter has come to SW Florida, 35 degrees today brrr.

JTheGrimeStopper

January 18 2010, 2:18 PM 

Hi, I'm new to encap and am curious as to pricing in the Midwest. Around the St. Louis, MO area. I'm gathering quite a bit of info from all the posts. I appreciate it. Thanks

JTheGrime Stopper

Current Topic - I hate commercial
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com