This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

What commercial facilities are prime targets?

January 11 2010 at 3:22 AM
Mike  

You can easily open yellow pages and search every business within a city by category.

There are 100's to choose from when you do this.

Are there any special categories that you would choose to market to first?

Such as day cares, retirement homes, doctors offices, etc. ? Or would you simply go through every category available a-z without targeting any particular one?

Thanks.

Mike

AuthorReply
Bob

Whats wrong with smaller offices?

January 11 2010, 7:27 AM 

I have been giving some thouight to these smaller space cleanings. I just went out and helped a guy on a small pharmacy - he gets $600 for the job 3-4x per year - TM cleaning. I could knock this out in no time at all with my Mex. I do a Dr's office in town - they leave the key and it takes me 45 mins @ $265 - I have a few others like this. I may start targeting some of these. I would need the keys to get in so I could do a bunch in a night. Could probably do 5-10 easily. I spoke to another Dr and he told me the building takes care of the carpet (looks like crap!) - I shot him a quick price and he said "I would pay that to get my office looking better". Access would be the key though. Just my $.02. I would just go ahead and mail - you never know who's hand it may end up in that might lead to bigger jobs.

Anonymous

Re: Whats wrong with smaller offices?

January 11 2010, 11:45 PM 

Well, $300 / job is not 'small' This is about the lowest you want to go though.

$300 at 15 cents / ft. avg is at least 2000 sq ft of carpet.

Anyways I came up with a pretty good list of categories and I have found that you can use the website below to actually search these categories and also get a birdseye view of the facility so you can qualify them. like when you search for 'day care' many can be in homes or super small facility. By getting a birds eye satelite view you can see if it is worth sending out.

Here are the general categories I came up with.

Accounting
Acupuncture
Treatment Center
Restaurants
Doctors
Pediatrician
Laboratories
Appliance Rental
Architects
Assisted Living
Associations
Attorneys
Bowling
Chiropractors
Banquet Halls
Bed & Breakfast
Bicycles
Billiard Equipment
Boat Dealers
Car Dealers
Book Stores
Clothing
Bridal Shops
Trade Organizations
Vocational Schools
Child Care
Coffee Shops
Community Org.
Computers
Consultants
Counseling
Dentists
Educational
Electrolysis
Embalmers
Employment
Fitness Center
Financial Planners
Florists
Formal Wear
Fraternal Org.
Funeral Directors
Instruments
Gymnasiums
Auditoriums
Holding Companies
Institutional Homes
Insurance Agents
Jewelry Stores
Furniture Stores
Medical Clinics
Convalescent Home
Occupational Ther.
Opticians
Optical goods
Pet Supplies
Pharmaceutical
Physicians
Real Estate Agents
Retirement Comm.
Senior Citizens
Pool & Spa
Taxes
Veterinary
Health Store
Wedding
Youth Org

Im sure there are more but this is a good general start which covers most everything out there. THen I go to

http://www.switchboard.com/maps.htm

And type in the category. Then on each business click on 'street view' Then click birds eye and go through every business and qualify.

Mike

Mike

January 11 2010, 11:45 PM 

Well, $300 / job is not 'small' This is about the lowest you want to go though.

$300 at 15 cents / ft. avg is at least 2000 sq ft of carpet.

Anyways I came up with a pretty good list of categories and I have found that you can use the website below to actually search these categories and also get a birdseye view of the facility so you can qualify them. like when you search for 'day care' many can be in homes or super small facility. By getting a birds eye satelite view you can see if it is worth sending out.

Here are the general categories I came up with.

Accounting
Acupuncture
Treatment Center
Restaurants
Doctors
Pediatrician
Laboratories
Appliance Rental
Architects
Assisted Living
Associations
Attorneys
Bowling
Chiropractors
Banquet Halls
Bed & Breakfast
Bicycles
Billiard Equipment
Boat Dealers
Car Dealers
Book Stores
Clothing
Bridal Shops
Trade Organizations
Vocational Schools
Child Care
Coffee Shops
Community Org.
Computers
Consultants
Counseling
Dentists
Educational
Electrolysis
Embalmers
Employment
Fitness Center
Financial Planners
Florists
Formal Wear
Fraternal Org.
Funeral Directors
Instruments
Gymnasiums
Auditoriums
Holding Companies
Institutional Homes
Insurance Agents
Jewelry Stores
Furniture Stores
Medical Clinics
Convalescent Home
Occupational Ther.
Opticians
Optical goods
Pet Supplies
Pharmaceutical
Physicians
Real Estate Agents
Retirement Comm.
Senior Citizens
Pool & Spa
Taxes
Veterinary
Health Store
Wedding
Youth Org

Im sure there are more but this is a good general start which covers most everything out there. THen I go to

http://www.switchboard.com/maps.htm

And type in the category. Then on each business click on 'street view' Then click birds eye and go through every business and qualify.

Mike

Anonymous

January 12 2010, 8:23 AM 

I agree - $300 not small but I think that at that price the people in these smaller offices aren't looking so much at sq ft but at the price its self. You may end up getting way more than .15 out of some of these types of jobs. Nice list you compiled!

Fred Geyen

January 13 2010, 12:19 AM 

If Rick does not mind I would like to refer you to the last few Cleanfax's to look up the section titled "Commercial Cash Flow". You will find more insight into this.

"Commercial Only"
www.geyengroup.com

This message has been edited by FredGeyen on Jan 13, 2010 12:20 AM

Fred Gruber

January 13 2010, 4:45 PM 

For us, our prime target accounts are medical offices and buildings and Condominiums (co-op) buildings. These have given us a nice steady flow of work each month. We have tried to get into some larger buildings and offices but most of them are controlled by the "Maintenance Mafia" companies. These companies are a one stop shopping service with hundreds of employees. They do huge a volume at super low prices and usually kick back something to the property management corps.

Most of our jobs are between 2000-5000 sqft at around 25-30 cents a foot. They range from monthly to quarterly cleaning frequencies. We have a few that are larger but are happy with the smaller ones.

Al Taylor

January 13 2010, 5:57 PM 

sounds nice fred

Current Topic - What commercial facilities are prime targets?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com