This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Restaurants: Do you clean under booths? How?

January 14 2010 at 2:49 PM
Mike Lewthwaite 

Some restaurants have booths with poles at the end or other tight spots that wont allow you to clean them with the 19" cimex.

How have you encapsulators tackled these challenges.

Thanks,

Mike

AuthorReply
Don Eldred

Re: Restaurants: Do you clean under booths? How?

January 14 2010, 4:21 PM 

Whoops--- That is where a scrub wand works best, unfortunately it does not connect to a Cimex, may need to HWE

Kevin Pearson

The same

January 14 2010, 5:48 PM 

We have done the same as Don suggested. We just brought the truck mount to the job and had one guy cleaning under the booth tables and one guy running the Cimex. The only problem with that is if you are the guy running the Cimex then the HWE guy seems to always be in your way, since you can go way faster than him.

Thomas Owens

Re: Restaurants: Do you clean under booths? How?

January 14 2010, 7:43 PM 

I use an Oreck Orbiter for those tight spots.

Shorty

To get down & under, ya gotta getta guy from down under

January 15 2010, 3:53 AM 

Here we go again folks.

Think outside of the box a bit.

Here is what I would use.

First of though, anyone that knows me, may also know that I'm fanatical about protecting the implements that put the bread & butter on my table.

Hence, a lot of my work toys are kept in secure boxes.

The first pic shows my toy box along with the two extension poles on my favourite spotting chemicals.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Second pic shows my toys as it is transported.

Note the adpator plate along the bottom of my toy.

Third pics shows the working end.

Fourth pic shows the unique adaptor that allows the different length handles to fit onto my toy.

Last pic shows the two handles and also the two different ways that they can be fitted to my toy.

To do under the booths as asked, I would do my normal pre service, vac; & spray encap;

I would then fit the longer bar, start my toy up, and proceed to orbital clean the carpet.

When doing stairs, the same principle applies.

Vac; & spray encap;

With the longer bar fitted, walk up the stairs cleaning the riser.

At the top, switch to the shorter bar and come back down cleaning the treads and edge.

Little bending and certainly not back breaking for an older citizen. wink.gif

Ooroo,

Shortestsmartwun. wink.gif

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

David Hebert

Re: To get down & under, ya gotta getta guy from down under

January 15 2010, 6:52 AM 

I use either a wall washer pad on a doodle bug or a scrub pad on the doodle bug

Thomas Owens

Re: To get down & under, ya gotta getta guy from down under

January 15 2010, 2:40 PM 

Shorty, that is so cool! I love the "Orbot Micro" sticker.

Do you like that tool better than little Mac on stairs? Is it to prescrub only or to remove soil as well on residential steps?

Rick Gelinas

Easy as 1 2 3

January 16 2010, 5:05 PM 

1. Slide out the tables.

2. Clean the space between the booths where the tables had been.

3. Slide the tables back in.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Jan 17, 2010 11:47 PM

Cleantech

Re: Easy as 1 2 3

January 17 2010, 12:42 AM 

Shorty has it bang on !

you can get little cotton bonnets for the Hos Micro happy.gif

miniature OP wins every time

...if its fixed table legs of course

Current Topic - Restaurants: Do you clean under booths? How?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com