This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Our new cleaning van

January 22 2010 at 10:48 PM

Rick Gelinas  

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we were getting a new van for our commercial carpet cleaning company - KLEENSTEP. We purchased a new Ford Transit Connect van and we now have it wrapped. Here's a web page that I threw together showing the van and the wrap. I really love this little cargo van, and so does our tech Ryan. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone who could use a small cargo van!

CLICK HERE: To View Photos

[linked image]

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Jan 22, 2010 11:16 PM
This message has been edited by cimex on Jan 22, 2010 10:56 PM
This message has been edited by cimex on Jan 22, 2010 10:49 PM

AuthorReply

Joe DeSouza

NICE!

January 23 2010, 8:05 AM 

Looks nice, Rick! One question - is there enough room in there to hold a porty, as well as a couple of cimexes? I couldnt tell in the pictures....

Congrats!

Joe

Rick Gelinas

Re: NICE!

January 23 2010, 8:16 AM 

Absolutely. We actually have a mop bucket, a high-speed buffer, and a wet-vac in there. For jobs requiring a portable, we just need to pull out the high-speed buffer.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Thomas Owens

January 23 2010, 6:07 PM 

Awesome setup there bro! Like everything else you do it's top notch. I also visited your Kleenstep site. Very nice.

If my GMC Safari cargo van ever goes down, that looks like a nice replacement.

Rick Gelinas

January 24 2010, 1:10 AM 

Ah shucks Thomas - yer makin' me blush.

BTW that old Kleenstep website is dated and in bad need of redoing. It is not, I repeat NOT, what it needs to be. A new Kleenstep website is one of the many things on my very long to-do list. wink.gif

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Patrick

Ford Transit

January 25 2010, 8:58 AM 

Awesome wrap! I have been looking at the transits for awhile now,even before they're actually released.Like you,I'm thinking one strictly set up as commercial/vlm and one with a tm,the right tm,small compact,auto pump out and so forth.Again Rick,a really great,refreshing wrap.Congrats!

Brad Whiteman

Re: Ford Transit

January 25 2010, 10:39 AM 

Rick I really like the van and the wrap is incredable. I've been looking at the Transit Connect for a few months and I think it's a perfect fit for my needs. Could you give me an idea of what the price of the wrap was. I'm trying to work out my budget for this. Thanks

Brad Whiteman
EcoDry Carpet Cleaning

Rick Gelinas

January 25 2010, 5:43 PM 

The wrap was $1500. But shop around for wrap companies in your area. The guy I worked with was great and I though that his price seemed very fair.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Brad Whiteman

January 25 2010, 6:48 PM 

Thanks Rick, That's right around what I was figuring. Pretty cheap advertising when you think about it.

Brad Whiteman
EcoDry Carpet Cleaning

Stuart

January 27 2010, 11:57 PM 

Nice van Rick. Love it!

I like the look on the guys face "Hmm, why isnt this space filled?"
He sure know's now it makes good sense to have clean carpet!
Sure to cause a few tail-enders in the traffic! Keep it away from shopping carts

Gee the digital wrap was good value! I paid more for a chicken wrap today! I think..
Signage in general is heaps more expensive in the land down under a land of pillage & plunder

Stu

TrueBlueGroup
Revolutionary Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

Mark Anthony

NICE....How do you....

January 26 2010, 4:00 PM 

Rick, how do you get the Cimex in and out of the van? Do you have a ramp and if you do, what type?

Thanx :~}
Mark Anthony

Afterglow Carpet Care

Rick Gelinas

Re: NICE....How do you....

January 29 2010, 8:06 AM 

Yes - I have a Link aluminum ramp. I'll post a photo later.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Stuart

Re: NICE....How do you....

January 31 2010, 2:18 AM 

Many guys use both aluminium & fibreglass folding ramps in Australia. The fibreglass types are available in different lengths to suit all applications. From the shortest ramp for steps or gutters to longer applications. My set is about middle of the road and being fibreglass; they are kinder to the inside of your vehicle & equipment. Also they can handle up to 660 lbs. Over here these are available from all mobility (wheelchair outlets).
Hope this helps.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Stu

TrueBlueGroup
Revolutionary Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

Patrick

Trublue

February 19 2010, 9:27 AM 

Hey Stuart, can we see more photos of your vehicle/set up? What kind of vehicle is that? Was the "carpet flap"under the ramp optional?

Patrick

Current Topic - Our new cleaning van
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com