This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Steamin Demon Bags

January 29 2010 at 10:50 PM
Matt 

Does anyone here wash and reuse them? Anyone use substitutes?

$5 per bag is getting expensive...

This message has been edited by DDcarpclean on Jan 29, 2010 10:53 PM

AuthorReply
David Hebert

Re: Steamin Demon Bags

January 30 2010, 10:39 AM 

There really is no substitute, but there is a work around for it.

You would need the filter mesh system for the classic Demon, use it instead of the pump out filter you now have for the XL yo would then cut a hole in the bottom of the filter bag for the XL or chance not using one at all.

While $5 a bag may seem expensive refitting may cost more unless you have the parts already available to you. the other part of the equation is the mess yo need to clean out at the end of the day since it is not all contained.

I have had to do the work around a few times due to either very nasty carpets that would have chewed through bags or I just plain forgot to bring a new filter bag.

David

Bruce Bolton

bags

January 31 2010, 8:29 PM 

What I do with my demon is use a knee-high nylon stocking. Works great as a filter bag.

Matt

Dave

January 31 2010, 8:34 PM 

Thanks for the info guys...Dave, ever use the knee high nylon stocking trick?

David

Re: Dave

February 1 2010, 8:11 AM 

No I have never done that, I know people have done it using hydroforce in line filters though.

To me using the filter bags designed for the Demon means I probably have less to worry about conserning the vac motor blowing foam and such.

Try a few things out and do what works best for you

David

This message has been edited by David-Hebert on Feb 1, 2010 8:11 AM

Current Topic - Steamin Demon Bags
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com