This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

MikeFest 2010

February 18 2010 at 6:05 PM

Rick Gelinas  

Well we have arrived in Nashville. It's been sunny today and warmer than I expected. There are still a few isolated patches of snow on the ground - always a nice change for this ol' Florida boy to see.

We set up our tradeshow stuff this afternoon. Here's a photo of our section. The show will be inside the Dry-Eaz warehouse (very spacious). It's gonna be fun!

BTW Our new item is still under wraps. We'll unveil it tomorrow. Stay tuned!

[linked image]

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

AuthorReply
Shorty

Ooooooooooooh

February 18 2010, 11:45 PM 

You Sir, is a teaser.

I like the sexy new-look tank on Big Yella. wink.gif

I thinks I'se in love again.

I'll be back...............

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Rick Gelinas

MikeFest NEWS :-)

February 20 2010, 8:00 AM 

Well it's been a lot of fun!

Hanging out at the hotel bar
[linked image]

Bill Yeadon teaching a class
[linked image]

Building/assembling a truckmount
[linked image]

Truckmount round table. An open discussion between some of the brightest minds in truckmount design.
[linked image]

And last but not least. Drumroll please!
Tom Cermak running the new Scrub3
[linked image]

So what is the new Scrub3???

It's a device we've had engineered that will convert any standard rotary machine into a 3 headed planetary scrubber. It produces about 8 times more agitation than a standard rotary. We have a patent pending on the device. It's been a show stopper! Everyone at the show seems to think it's a really cool addition to the industry.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

David Hebert

Re: MikeFest NEWS :-)

February 20 2010, 2:43 PM 

Rick that has got to be the best conversion kit I have seen for buffers and we have tested out a few.

superb job
PS please put info up on the site soon, will it work with a 230 speed machine?

This message has been edited by David-Hebert on Feb 20, 2010 2:45 PM

Joe M

Very nice

February 21 2010, 12:01 AM 

Hope it will fit a nobles 17 in machine.

Also, I hope you charge a fair price and not some off the wall sky high price like some distributors do to us guys.

I know one thing Rick, the sales of your pads are going to fly off the shelfs with this little gem.

Good job.

Thomas Owens

Re: Very nice

February 21 2010, 5:14 AM 

Wow! That's pretty cool!

The inevitable question needing to be asked is: Why buy a Cimex if this is available?

Also, it looks like it will scrub all the way up to the wall.

This message has been edited by johnsmith808 on Feb 21, 2010 5:16 AM

Rick Gelinas

February 21 2010, 8:22 AM 

Joe,

It sells for $695. I had honestly hoped that the final price would be even lower, but a whole lot of engineering is in this device. So we are introducing the Scrub3 for $695. Still a bargain though when you compare that to the alternative.

Thomas,

A person who has a rotary machine can now get the benefits of running a 3 headed planetary machine for a reasonable price. Even if they needed to buy a new machine with a tank for around $700, they'd still be half the price of a Cimex. So I think the Scrub3 will fill a niche.

Is this a true Cimex? No. When it comes to the best scrubber in the world, the Cimex is still the MacDaddy! The Scrub3 is simply a converted rotary machine. It turns a single head machine into a 3 headed planetary scrubber. Yet the Cimex is still going to be smoother to run, on account of it's pivoting head and its rear wheels that remain on the ground.

On the other hand, we know there are some folks out there who simply can't justify purchasing the "MacDaddy". And we think that there are a lot of cleaners out there with rotary machines who could benefit from gaining 8 times more agitation from their machines. So I'm thinking that there's a lot of room for BOTH in the market place.

P.S. The Scrub3 was a hit at MikeFest.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Feb 21, 2010 8:23 AM

Joe M

I agree

February 21 2010, 9:49 AM 

Thats a great price Rick, I was expecting a heck of a lot higher then $700.00

Like I said some mgf's in this business really hose us guys, you are NOT one of them Rick, you have always been fair.

I would go for this for the reason that I like the way my 17" is a lot more easy on my then big yellow and now this gives me the choice of using a single pad for lets say a small office or the 3 head scrub for the bigger office.

For the guy like me that only does this part time, this is a big help cost wise.

And you say it will fit an older nobles 17" like this?

http://www.tennantco.com/na-en/products/machines/f5-floor-machine.aspx

Joe Gilstrap

QUESTION???

February 21 2010, 12:31 PM 

How does this device change the way a swing machine handles? Does it still swing or operate like an OP?

This message has been edited by joeg345 on Feb 21, 2010 12:32 PM

EncapDrew

How the Scrub 3 will handle

February 21 2010, 6:00 PM 

The scrub 3 has a universal clutch plate and a riser that gives the clearance needed for just about any machine out there! We would recommend at least a 1hp motor or a 1.5hp motor. In regards to to the motion of cleaning, you have the option! You can work in a side to side motion but it will run smoother if you push it in a forward and backward motion!

Thomas Owens

February 21 2010, 5:04 PM 

Rick thanks for that clarification. Very cool invention and a very reasonable price.

Anonymous

February 21 2010, 11:09 PM 

Very nice Rick.

Have you tried it with diamonds for marble grinding / polishing?.

Albert

Shorty

Improvise

February 22 2010, 1:17 AM 

Lookin' good Rick.

I like to see imagination that works outside of the box so to speak.

I noticed a comment about using the machine in a swing technique.

With a bit more imagination, why don't the ones that are interested do something like this:

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Now what you see above is an OP machine sold down under as the "Orbot"

It has been modified by a brilliant carpet cleaner from Warming Pool, oops, sorry, Warrnambool down in Victoria.

As you can see, he has had two "arms" made up similar to the Cimex that extend back to the axle and wheels.

He first made a template out of timber before getting the steel cut to size.

This machine now, instead of being a typical swing machine, is an inline cleaner, same as the Cimex.

He has also added a small pressure pump and jets, as well as a solution tank.

Food for thought ???

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Danny Strickland

Re: Improvise

February 23 2010, 11:34 AM 

Rick, i saw a device just like that at the ISSA show a good 5 years back. was that your insparation for your new product?

David Hebert

Re: Improvise

February 23 2010, 5:24 PM 

While I seen and used this one
and a different one, I don't remember seeing anything exactly like Ricks

http://www.janilink.com/orbitec-system/category-html

Rob Lyon

Thanks Rick & Drew!!

February 23 2010, 10:55 PM 

Thanks for all the advice, it was great to meet you and drew!!
Oh, and thanks for the beer lol!!

Rick Gelinas

Re: Thanks Rick & Drew!!

February 24 2010, 8:40 AM 

Rob,

It was great to hang out and chat. Keep up the good work with your business. You've got some great ideas, and I'm sure you'll continue to prosper!

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

EncapDrew

Re: Thanks Rick & Drew!!

February 25 2010, 3:46 PM 

Rob,
I enjoyed hearing about the growth of your company and I always enjoy being able to put a face with a voice!

Grant.

Scrub3 Orbiting machines.

February 25 2010, 4:07 PM 

Does the Scrub3 fit to orbiting machines also??

Then you would have individual rotations of the heads, general rotation of the drive plate, and occillations all in one?

Grant.

This message has been edited by deadleper on Feb 25, 2010 4:08 PM

Al Taylor

Re: Scrub3 Orbiting machines.

February 25 2010, 10:29 PM 

Shhhhhh!!! Grant you're exposing my next invention!

No, really thats a good question Grant. That would be awesome! Talking bout maximizing of agitation!

Current Topic - MikeFest 2010
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com