This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Question about carpet tiles

March 15 2010 at 10:34 PM
Joe M 

I am trying to drum up business for my janitorial and carpet cleaning service so our town has a really nice little town theater, they show movies and put on plays, ite really nice.

Went in today to give out my biz card and ended up getting the weekly job of cleaning the bathrooms and giving the floor a quick vac for some pocket money.

I will do the carpet in trade for advertising in their playbill and on the their website.

The carpet is made up of 12 x 12 squares low lev loop, very nice quality.

I will be using a 17" floor machine, Releasit and either bonnets or FPP's which woud be better?

Any precautions I need to be made aware of with carpet squares?

Thanks

AuthorReply
Joe Gilstrap

Re: Question about carpet tiles

March 16 2010, 9:04 AM 

Joe, For 3 years we cleaned a large office building quarterly, and it had the carpet tiles like you describe. 17,000 sq. ft. We used the Cimex with the fiber plus pads with no problem. Carpet tiles are tough. We even used Max pads once in a while with no problem.

Bob

March 16 2010, 9:19 AM 

Do you know the manufacturer? How old are they - if they are new you have to watch - mills have yet to come around to our way of thinking and don't like anything rotary - if they are older any warranties have been voided 1000 times over so it won't matter. Tiles are pretty tough and should respond well.

Rick Gelinas

March 16 2010, 9:42 AM 

Hi Joe,

You could use your rotary with FiberPlus pads. Make sure your machine has a tank on it. Shampoo like normal. You can use the bonnets for a little bit of post-bonneting in the worst areas following your shampoo step if you want to. Watch for loose carpet tiles. A rotary machine will turn loose tiles into a frisbee. So try to avoid loosening the tiles as you're scrubbing the carpet. But honestly, if they're already loose you're not likely going to make then worse. You should be just fine - go for it.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Mar 16, 2010 9:44 AM

Current Topic - Question about carpet tiles
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com