This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

VCT Neutral Cleaner

March 16 2010 at 9:08 PM
Jeff  

Armstrong VCT says to use a neutral cleaner prior to applying finish coats. I had thought of just using i/2 cup amonia to 1 gal water mop and then rinse mop then finish coat. Anyone have a better idea? I had thought about just mopping(microfibre) with water thats about as neutral as you can get but figured the amonia cleaner might help the finish bond better as a prep?

AuthorReply
Brad Whiteman

Re: VCT Neutral Cleaner

March 16 2010, 11:00 PM 

I'd go with the manufacturer recommendation just cover your a$$, a gallon of neutral cleaner is pretty cheap. That being said as long as you rinse mop real well you should be fine

Brad Whiteman
EcoDry Carpet Cleaning

Grant

Re: VCT Neutral Cleaner

March 17 2010, 12:02 AM 

If you have applied stripper first and removed the sludge, I would rinse with neutral detergent to clean away stripper residue, then rinse again with water to remove detergent and leave the floor as clean as possible to ensure the best bond. Otherwise you may get bubbles...

Micah

I would not use amonia

March 17 2010, 12:53 AM 

Amonia was a main ingredient in floor stripper for many years. If you stripped the floor with amonia you needed to neutralize the floor. Amonia is not a nuetralizer. Water is not a neutralizer either. A true neutralizer will clean the floor and remove any acidic or alkyline residue. Also side note avoid the Neutral cleaner at walmart. You can pick it up at any janitorial supply company pretty cheap.

Rick Gelinas

Re: I would not use amonia

March 17 2010, 1:54 PM 

I concur. Ammonia is anything but neutral. If you want an AWESOME neutral cleaner (I'm telling you it is the absolute BEST) check out Pioneer Eclipse Neutral Cleaner. I used it in my own cleaning business for years, and now we're proud to have it available for our customers at Excellent Supply. It is neutral and yet it cleans like crazy with the best soil emulsifying properties I've ever seen. Ain't none better - I guarantee it!

[linked image]

CLICK HERE:
http://www.excellent-supply.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=322&idcategory=28

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Mar 17, 2010 1:54 PM

Current Topic - VCT Neutral Cleaner
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com