This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

What do you do when this happens?

April 9 2010 at 5:34 PM
Matt  

This is a picture of what happend to my Mex today, tech was being a little rough bringing her down the stairs...

[linked image]

what should I do? has this happend to any one before?

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: What do you do when this happens?

April 9 2010, 7:07 PM 

Matt - you win the prize! I've seen a lot of stuff - but I've never seen that happen before. Give your tech a raise (just kidding).

Bring it to a local welding shop. I'm sure it can be welded back together again. Let me know if you run into any problems.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Joe M

Welding

April 9 2010, 9:03 PM 

Yep that will work and then take it out of the techs pay.

Maybe then he will repect the tools of the trade.

David Hebert

Re: Welding

April 9 2010, 9:40 PM 

taking it out of techs pay in most instances is illegal, you also do not know if that was going before hand.

Matt

April 9 2010, 11:15 PM 

Unfortunately I have been advised by several different legal folks you cant take anything out of a techs pay for breaking things...the same tech destroyed a garage door two weeks ago, droped my Orbot& now my Mex. Needless to say, he will only make up for it by loosing quite a few hours in our busy Spring season!

Shorty

I told you so.........................

April 10 2010, 1:32 AM 

Now ain't the little, short, old, fat bloke from uptop down under, just full of words of wisdom AFTER THE EVENT. happy.gif

Now, if you had of listened to me spruikin' on earlier about the benefits of Rick's BIG WHEELS, you may have picked up on something I said about stairs.

With these larger, SOFT RUBBER wheels, they absorb a lot of the jolting and load bearing stress on parts when coming down stairs.

I have two bad legs that match my body, and I can still bring Big Yella down four flights of steps just about as fast as I can walk down without him in front of me.

A set of BIG WHEELS would probably have saved the day, plus the time off the road, compared to what those tiny hard wheels have now cost you.

But, what can you say when something like that happens.?????????

Bugger, comes mind.

Ooroo,

Keep smilin'

PS :::: In actual fact, I'd say that the weld has been cracking over time and it just needed the stairs to blow it out.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Apr 10, 2010 1:34 AM

Encap Drew

April 13 2010, 4:59 PM 

Sounds like you had some repair expenses in the past for equipment? I know a pretty smart businessman who had a great idea for this issue! One year he added up all his expenses for repairs and put it into the budget for the next year. He had a company meeting and explained to the employees that he spends $x on repairs for equipment each year. This year it is in the budget and if he spends less than $x, anything that is left over will be split equally between the employees! It was a bonus program that gave them incentive to take care of his equipment and it worked better than he thought!

This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Apr 13, 2010 5:00 PM
This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Apr 13, 2010 5:00 PM

Encap Drew

April 13 2010, 4:59 PM 

Sounds like you had some repair expenses in the past for equipment? I know a pretty smart businessman who had a great idea for this issue! One year he added up all his expenses for repairs and put it into the budget for the next year. He had a company meeting and explained to the employees that he spends $x on repairs for equipment each year. This year it is in the budget and if he spends less than $x, anything that is left over will be split equally between the employees! It was a bonus program that gave them incentive to take care of his equipment and it worked better than he thought!

Rick Gelinas

Photo of Matt's employee

April 10 2010, 8:08 AM 

[linked image]

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Joe M

Ok

April 10 2010, 8:37 AM 

Ok so you cant dock his pay for the repair. But it would sure make you feel better if you could.

This guy sounds like my brother in law. Last summer he broke 5 lawn mowers.

David Hebert

Re: Ok

April 10 2010, 8:59 AM 

That tech would be history if they were mine
get out your employee hand book and start the process of getting him out, unless you think he can be retrained or just hit a patch of bad luck.

Matt

April 10 2010, 5:17 PM 

LoL Rick. If he were that big, he could have just thrown Mex on his back!

He is a decent employee, and believe it or not more reliable than anyone else I have hired. Seems my best workers always end up taking too many days off, and then have to be let go. This guy is ready at 6am or 10pm.

As the saying goes, "The world is run by those who show up!"

Don Eldred

April 12 2010, 8:31 AM 

It has happened to 2 of our Cimex's, had them welded no problem since than. Our's did not break from going down stairs.

Current Topic - What do you do when this happens?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com