This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Snakes alive >>>>> NOT CC

April 11 2010 at 5:23 PM
Shorty 

I decided to post this after all the snakes ( including oil salesmen happy.gif ) I've met in my life, and todays tv programs.

First up today I was watching Border Patrol.

Customs officers in Sydney seized several beautiful small live Pythons, and one dead, in a package sent from Thailand.

Apparently these can be sold for about $10,000.00 on the black market.

If you get caught, it is a $110.000.00 fine and several years in jail.

Because of the diseases that these reptiles can carry, that may lay dormant for up to fouteen years without detection, they are an illegal import into Australia.

If released into the environment, they have the potential to wipe out native animals indigenous to Australia.

Because Thailand would not accept them back, they were euthanised.

A sad end for such beautiful animals.

I then watched a program set in the Florida Everglades about the Burmese Python.

These reptiles are now taking over the Everglades and are also wiping out the native population.

Also high on their diet are smaller alligators.

At up to eighteen foot long, they are not to be taken lightly.

On this show, they were having a field day to try and catch as many of these reptiles as possible and try to get the situation under control once more.

I don't like their chances unfortunately.

How did the Burmese Python get into the Everglades?????

By illegal importers dumping them when they feared getting caught by the authorities.

Personally, I love animals having found them to be more loyal than a lot of humans, ( did I just say that ?? ), wink.gif & I would love to see these illegal importers dumped into the middle of the Everglades, or in my case, into the Daintree, and see how they deal with the local inhabitants.

This is a world wide problem now for all countries due to cashed-up wannabees.

End of rant.

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Apr 11, 2010 5:25 PM
This message has been edited by Shortwun on Apr 11, 2010 5:24 PM

Current Topic - Snakes alive >>>>> NOT CC
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com