This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cleaning Steps

April 22 2010 at 6:27 AM
Fred Gruber  

I went to give an estimate for a condo complex that has 650 steps and 52 landings. These are split up into 26 units.

What is the best way to encap steps. I dread the thought of having to run miles of hose and breaking down and setting up several times?

AuthorReply
Drew

Re: Cleaning Steps

April 22 2010, 10:15 AM 

THere are a few different options:

Drill Drive $40

Rota Brush $19

HOS Orbot Micro around $500

[linked image]

Motor Scrub $649
[linked image]

javascript:enlrge('../pc/catalog/driver_1799_thumb.jpg')

This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Apr 22, 2010 10:15 AM
This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Apr 22, 2010 10:15 AM

Shorty

I agree

April 25 2010, 3:31 AM 

I agree with Drew.

Use the Hoss machine.

Here's a couple more pics, I like to protect my gear.

This shows it fitted with the two handles that it comes with.

You DON'T have them both on at the same time.

Pre-spray the treads and risers, fit the long handle and work your way up, cleaning each riser as you go.

When you get to the top, change to the shorter handle and work your way back down cleaning the treads.

I place both handles in the lower thread when using.

That's the way I find easy, comfortable and quick.

You may even have to vac; after cleaning due to the amount of rubbish that is dislodged.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Close up of the unit with the attachment that allows you to screw in the poles.

The business end.

In the box for security.

C'ya........wink.gif

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Apr 25, 2010 3:33 AM

Fred Gruber

Re: I agree

April 26 2010, 7:50 PM 

I am looking at a right angle drill w/ handle and use it with the pad driver.

Joe Gilstrap

Re: I agree

April 28 2010, 7:48 PM 

I have one of those Cyclo scrubbers. Can I buy the handles and the aluminum bracket for mine?

Current Topic - Cleaning Steps
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com