This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

New to encap

May 1 2010 at 12:27 AM
George  

Well, I got my sample of releaseit and put it to work on a small training room. Being lazy, I left my cleaning crew to post vac when they come in tonight. happy.gif It was easy to setup and quick. I can see it being faster on a large area.

I have a couple of questions. Is there a good reason to not buy an extra brush head for my RV 360, put .75 nozzles on it and encap? All I'm seeing is an easy to operate machine with a 12gal tank and as much hose as I feel like stretching out.

Thanks one and all.

Oh, Rick, your tech support staff is wonderful. She didn't laugh or anything with my silly questions. Encap is a paradigm shift for me so I'll be having all kinds of stupid questions and things I have to do for my sanity.

My wife is going to kill me if I buy much more equipment.

AuthorReply
Shorty

I'm stumped George

May 1 2010, 4:08 AM 

Tell us mate & put me out of my misery. wink.gif

What type of machine did you use to do the encap;??

That may allow more of us to comment on your procedure.

I'm not real sure, but I think what you are asking about the Rotovac 360, is using that in place of a Cimex/Orbot/OP/Swing/Walk behind type machine.

With that set-up, as I envisage it, you would be using an encap product in an hwe scenario.

I imagine it would be like having an umbilical cord snaking back to another piece of equipment.

Why make extra work for yourself??

I much prefer to use encap in my Big Yella, as a stand alone system.

If the carpet is grubby and needs that bit more punch, then I pre-spray with Punch prior to encapping.

If it is really trashed, I may even scrub extract with my RX-20, follwed up with an encap; and Big Yella;

Don't know if this answers your question, but the guys here are also very understanding, so post any questions you want to.

That's how we all learnt, by asking questions.

Ooroo,

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

PS:::: I'm also exceptionally lazy, that way, I always find the easiest way of doing things. happy.gif

This message has been edited by Shortwun on May 1, 2010 4:09 AM

Fred Gruber

Re: I'm stumped George

May 1 2010, 7:12 AM 

I'm with Shorty. Definitely invest in a Cimex. You will love the results and time saved.

When you tell your wife home much more money you can make in less time, which means you will be able to spend more money and time on her, she will give you the green light to get the "big Yellow".

Charles

Stumped George

May 1 2010, 7:26 AM 

Don't encap your floors with a rotovac 360. Do you have a rotary 175 with a solution tank? If so use that. If you have a buffer then you can also purchase a scrub 3 from this site and it will work like a cimex.

Rambo

I too am confused

May 1 2010, 7:25 AM 

Like Shorty it sounds like HWE equipment to apply Releasit. We also have the new Rorovac 360i, but normally (what is normal anyway?) do not use Releasit with it. One exception-- we were out a job (far from the shop) using the 360i and ran out of the correct chemical (I meant cleaning solution) to finish the job. So being a resourceful CCer we had some Releasit Basic encap on board the van and pre-sprayed the remaining 1000 square feet with it and then ran the Rotovac 360i to finish the job. Came out "Excellent"

George

clarification

May 1 2010, 2:33 PM 

I used a 19" buffer with a carpet brush and a pump sprayer. The parts I didn't miss looked pretty good this morning. I "re"did the racing stripes I missed.

The 360 has 5 heads that can be purchased and used:

1) standard carpet head (3 jets and 3 suction ports)
2) hard surface head (3 jets, 3 suction ports with squeeges, and brush)
3) bonnet driver (used to bonnet clean, no jets or suction)
4) nasty carpet head (3 jets, 3 suction ports, and brush)
5) stair head (6" version of standard head for use on stairs)

I've yet to find a carpet so bad I needed the carpet brush head, so I was thinking I could drop a couple jet sizes, fill my porty tank with ReleaseIT and have a 12gal solution tank without having the tank in the way when working the cube farms.

As for embilical cords, all the machines have a power chord. I was thinking I could set up the porty in a semi-central location and run 100ft in any direction without moving anything other than me.

I doubt a cimex would fit in half these cube farms. I have a hard enough time with a backpack vac not tearing them up. The 360 barely works in them.

The Scrub3 might be an option for the hallways.

Al Taylor

Re: clarification

May 1 2010, 5:37 PM 

Using Releaseit Isn't the problem with HWE. Its a matter of using the right Releaseit cleaning agents with HWE. Its not recomended to use Encap-DS, Encap Basic, nor regular stregnth because of the surfectants.(Sudsy)

However Encap Punch is designed for HWE, Pre-spray, Traffic lane, etc. So Encap Punch is a great RELEASEIT product to use with HWE. In addition you get the benefit of Encapselation as well.

Al Taylor

Wiegh the meaning and look not at the words.

George

no extraction

May 1 2010, 5:44 PM 

I'm not trying to HWE, just use the solution tank and pump with a brush head.

David Hebert

Re: no extraction

May 1 2010, 6:44 PM 

using an Orbot would be my choice
has pump to disperse solution small foot print can be obtained if you need it to. I do small cubicles with mine

Shorty

Aussie torque

May 1 2010, 7:02 PM 

I think I may have confused you George with my Aussie lingo. wink.gif

By "umbilical cord", I was referring to the vacuum & solution hoses connecting the machine to the wand/360I, etc;

How big are these cubicals ??

In feet and inches please, I hate (& can't get my big head around), this metric stuff. sad.gif

The Mex; will work in a surprisingly small area, ONCE YOU ARE USED TO IT.

I take mine into very small walk in robes' where I stand the handle upright in order to turn Big Yella around, inside the 'robe, with the door closed.

The Big Wheel kit makes this very easy to do, I do know that I would never be able to do this with a "swing" machine.

I also do many offices that have cubicles where people sit and stare at a computer for hours on end, plan your attack on these, suss out the best way to do them.

I vacuum first the areas behind the cubicle, roll the chair out, then vac; under the desk.

When I come through with Big Yella, I go under the desk first, then as I go to the next cubicle, roll the chair back.

When I reach my furthest point, I turn around and come back over the areas where the chairs had been put.

I try to keep double handling to a minimum.

Some of these cubicles are barely wide enough to fit Big Yella into, with a slight sideways movement.

Hope this helps.

Ooroo,

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

George

cubes

May 1 2010, 10:51 PM 

oh, the lingo is fine, just another power cord to drag.

You want feet and inches, okay, make a dogleg that goes 3ftx3ft at the big end with a 2ftx1.5ft section and a 2ftx2ft entrance.

Me wearing a backpack vac I have to be careful or I dump half a desk of paperwork in the floor, yes, I've done it.

Some of the offices are fire hazards. They think a 12x12 office needs a 12x10 U shaped desk and file cabinet at the end.

CleanEvolve

Re: cubes

May 2 2010, 10:40 PM 

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do cubicles with a Cimex once you get the technique down. The main thing is to thoroughly pre-vac under the desks and the corners, edges, etc.

David

Re: cubes

May 3 2010, 12:54 PM 

I think some of you fellas aren't understanding him. He doesn't want to run the vacuum to the extractor, just the solution line and use a brush head just like somebody would do with a standard floor machine. thus trying to use the machine to spray and scrub.. no suction.

George I don't think anybody has tried this with that head, it may be worth the a shot. The only problem I can see is overwetting of the carpet from too high of a psi. Most of machines used for encap like cimex, orbot ext. use at very most 100 psi pump. alot of them use a 50 psi pump OR a gravity feed tank like the cimex or 175 shampoo tanks. The gravity feed tanks work very well in most situations. The Rotovac system would emmulate these style with the jets on the underside of the head.

But again if depends on if you can keep your pressure down on your portable, if you can use it effectively in the 50 to 100 psi I'd say give her a go and go light on the solution lever. You may benefit as well from somebody following up behind you with a175/ bonnet combo to absorb a little extra soil as well as help reduce any excess moisture.

The thing to watch out for with downsizing jets is it some instances you may be reducing your flow but you will be increaseing your actual pressure and that may cause over wetting or over penetration. The key with any encap is to go light on juice so its works into a quick dissipating foam that drys very quickly.

George

YEAH!

May 3 2010, 9:18 PM 

Someone understood my twisted prose.

Okay, I have a 100psi porty. 100ft of solution hose should drop the pressure down. I should be able to do a wet pass wide open (speed) then go back for a slower scrub pass. I'll give it a try. Worst case I have to go back and extract the carpet.

David

Re: YEAH!

May 4 2010, 1:16 AM 

I'd go so far as to feather the trigger and see how little solution you can get by with even in wide open areas, again less is more with encap. If you overwet, you have defeated the entire idea of low moisture. Also i hope you can turn only your pumps on instead of having to turn the pumps and vacuum on.

other wise I'd say have some fun and let us know how it turns out.

I knew what you were talking about because I thought the same thing with my Drimaster or with the rx-20. Seams like it would be a no brainer. I think Rick G should take a look at making a scrub 3 head that is compatible with the solution output of the rx and rotovac heads. like you said, could give you a lot of flexibiligy on a single machine.

Current Topic - New to encap
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com