This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Pre-sprays and Punch

May 3 2010 at 7:05 PM
steve king  

Can I use my regular pre-treatments (grand slam, power max,powerburst) and then rinse with Punch. Sometimes I need a little more aggresive pre-treat. Would it affect the polymer technology.

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Pre-sprays and Punch

May 4 2010, 5:37 AM 

Unfortunately yes, using Grand Slam (or another pre-spray) would affect the polymerization.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Rick Thode

May 4 2010, 11:15 AM 

Steve:

Are you using an extractor and putting the Punch in it. Or are you talking about prespraying one of those other products and then simply trying to encap with a cimex or op using Punch?

Rick Thode
rick.thode@releasit.ca
Your Canadian Source for Releasit/Cimex

steve king

May 4 2010, 11:55 AM 

I would be using it through the truckmount rinse

Rick Thode

May 4 2010, 12:28 PM 

Maybe Rick Gelinas could correct me if I am wrong, but it was always my understanding that the truck would be rinsing out the majority of the prespray and the little bit that may be remaining would be encapped by the Punch in the rinse.

Is that correct Rick G or am I mistaken?

Rick Thode
rick.thode@releasit.ca
Your Canadian Source for Releasit/Cimex

Rick Gelinas

May 5 2010, 6:20 PM 

"Maybe Rick Gelinas could correct me if I am wrong, but it was always my understanding that the truck would be rinsing out the majority of the prespray and the little bit that may be remaining would be encapped by the Punch in the rinse. "

Rick your approach will work, providing that you're honestly rinsing the majority of the pre-spray out of the carpet. However if there's a significant amount of pre-spray in the carpet or a strong pre-spray like he's describing, it seems likely that enough detergent residue could still be left in the carpet to offset the polymeric balance of ENcap-Punch. My suggestion would be to just use Encap-Punch as a pre-spray and as a rinse (perhaps using it at the highest dilution if needed on a heavily soiled carpet, or adding some additional agitation or dwell time).

Here's a YouTube video I put together that explains how Encap-Punch helps the carpet to stay clean longer.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Dan Worley

pre-sprays and Punch

May 5 2010, 11:16 PM 

We have decided to only use Releasit Products on all of our Residential carpet cleaning. We have been doing this since Feb with amazing results with the Hydrox and the Punch.

So when we walked into a disaster apartment 3 or 4 weeks ago, I had a choice to make: Use some of my back up Bridgepoint systems products with a oxygen booster or use Releasit Punch. Well I decided to use the Relasit DS as a PreSpray and then Punch to rinse. It worked like a charm. My wife took a short video of me cleaning a set of stairs using this method, that we posted on the Relasit Facebook page. It was just a camera phone video so its not that great, but wow did it work!

This message has been edited by CleanInteriors1 on May 5, 2010 11:22 PM

Current Topic - Pre-sprays and Punch
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com