This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Trigger stays down and wont come up - help.

May 15 2010 at 6:05 PM
Derek 

When the tank gets low, the solution feed trigger will pull up on the whole tank because it weighs less. i use my other hand to hold the tank down as i pull on the trigger.

how can i stop this from happening?

AuthorReply
Shorty

Tighten yer nuts

May 16 2010, 2:10 AM 

Near the top of the solution tank, at the rear, there is a saddle that goes around the oblong upright handle.

Cimex USA refer to these parts as the "Tank Bracket" & "Handle".

The screws are self locking and should not come loose, but if they were never tight enough, then the "bracket" and tank may lift.

This is all that holds the tank to the Cimex, apart from the locating lug that fits into a recess in the base of the solution tank, but that is not fixed as such.

So tighten these nuts and see what happens, I would even apply a slight down pressure when tightening to lessen any upward lifting with a low solution tank.

IF you wanted to be extra sure to stop the "bracket" rising, put a POP RIVET into the "Handle" BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE ELECTRICAL CABLE WHEN DRILLING.

I've just done over 24,500 F2 of carpet these last two days, and no problems with my Big Yella, in fact, in the last five & a half years, this problem has never happened to me.

Hope this helps.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

David

Re: Tighten yer nuts

May 16 2010, 10:27 AM 

Ouch I seen that headline and never minds its sunday

Rick Gelinas

Simple

May 16 2010, 4:18 PM 

1. Remove the tank mounting clamp toward the top of the tank.

2. Cut a short strip of rubber (bicycle inner tube rubber works great for this).

3. Install the rubber underneath the clamp, and press down on the tank as you reinstall and retighten the clamp.

This simple solution wil solve your problem - guaranteed.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on May 16, 2010 4:19 PM

Derek

thanks fellas

May 17 2010, 10:58 AM 

thanks Shorty!

i'll do that Rick happy.gif

LOL Dave, yes getting older is interesting :-\

Current Topic - Trigger stays down and wont come up - help.
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com