This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

like this encapping more and more

May 24 2010 at 12:12 AM
George  

Did a lot (3500ish sqft) of nasty CGD yesterday. Including moving the conference room tables/chairs we (two of us) spent a little over 2hrs with 19" rotary on the open areas and 13" rotary with gravity feed on the hall and offices. Used a white pad on the 19" and carpet brush on the 13". We wasted probably 30 minutes figuring out how far for him to pre-spray while I ran the 19". Don't ask about pics, no cameras allowed in the area. Too bad, cause this nasty crap would have been a monthly winner. Imagine 300 gov workers a week eating/drinking in a class room for 5yrs without anything more than a vacuum. Looked blue/green when we started was light beige/brown when we left. They let it go so long it has horrid wear patterns under the tables. IMO, they should have replaced it not have it cleaned and it's only 5 to 7 years old.

My partner decided we really need a better setup for this. wink.gif Funny how right I can be after we make $450 in less than 3hrs. He wasn't sure I could clean it up with my RV360 much less some juice and a white pad.

AuthorReply
Shorty

Onya George

May 24 2010, 3:51 AM 

Good on you mate.

Now I don't want to burst your happy bubble...........................

But...............................

That's only about 440 square metres, and I normally knock this meterage over on my own with Big Yella, in a couple of hours.

Just imagine what the two of you could do with two Cimexes. wink.gif

The commercial carpet cleaning world is our oyster, all we need are the right tools to open the shell and devour the contents happy.gif

Ooroo,

happy.gif

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Rick Gelinas

Good job... The Scrub3 would be helpful.

May 24 2010, 11:56 AM 

Way to go George! It is great to knock out those kinds of dollars per hour. As Shorty pointed out the Cimex makes a world of difference - in terms of deep cleaning, and the speed of cleaning. There is nothing that compares!

However, you might also consider what the Scrub3 can accomplish. You'll have the same level of cleaning efficiency for a fraction of the cost of buying the MacDaddy of scrubbers - The Cimex. The Scrub3 converts any standard rotary machine into a triple headed power scrubber. Scrubbing efficiency is approximately eight times greater than a standard rotary machine. How cool is that? happy.gif

http://www.excellent-supply.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=340&idcategory=18

Keep up the good work!

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on May 24, 2010 12:00 PM

George

Re: Good job... The Scrub3 would be helpful.

May 24 2010, 9:19 PM 

When we finally got the spray level and speed figured out, it went much better. The tank on the 13" really let me move. I can see me reworking the 360 carpet head for the tight cubes until I find something that suits me.

Right now, OP is leading the way; padcapping seems to be the best of all worlds. The spaces I'm usually cleaning are to tight for a lot of speed. I'll be happy to have something I'm not fighting to get into the cubes.

Like most of us, I'll probably have at least one of everything before I'm done. :D

George

Re: Good job... The Scrub3 would be helpful.

May 26 2010, 10:02 PM 

Is there a video of the scrub3 in action? What is the width? I'm going after a lot of gov buildings & non-profit groups and they seem to cram the lower level workers in like sardines.

George

thptt

May 24 2010, 9:11 PM 

Shorty, we were only running one machine at a time. I'll eventually get something else. Right now, it's about building the cash to buy it as I go. I'll put a tank on the 19" and buy a pad driver for the 13". Probably put a tank on the 17" too. No debt if I can avoid it. Now, if I land a couple of big accounts, I'll buy something faster.

Still trying to decide exactly how I'm going to do this encap deal.

Shorty

Don't get me wrong............

May 25 2010, 7:20 AM 

Hey George, don't get me wrong, not knocking you nor your method, but I thought one guy was pre-spraying whilst the other worked the machine.

Gotta admit, you have me a tad bit confused.

Were you running a rotary, or an oscillator machine ??

Whilst the rotaries have stood the test of time, and the OP's do a great job, to me, each have their failings.

I've been using the time honored rotaries since 1971 when I started doing strip & seal of vinyl floors.

Then I moved on to scrubbing carpets with them.

There are not many cleaners around that have been using rotaries for that long and still have a good back.

The side to side movement, plus lifting/lowering the handle to make the machine move left or right does take it's toll.

OP's (some of them), seemed to conquer these problems by leaving the wheels on the ground, sadly, many didn't.

But the weight and awkwardness of most OP's was a big bugbear. (to me, being a person that should be another two foot taller to compensate for my ample girth). happy.gif

Now the Cimex, bigger and possibly heavier than a lot of OP's, but so dang easy to manouver.

I clean a lot of guv-urn-mint offices that have tiny cubicles, I even go into small rooms that are six foot long and four foot wide, close the door and clean the carpet behind the door.

I can even let Big Yella go while she is still running and do a bit of spotting if need be.

I guarantee that Big Yella is more easy to move in & out of these small tight areas than many rotaries or OP's.

Now I'm not trying to be a smart A; here nor embarrass you, but have you had the opportunity to work with a Mex; for an hour or so ??

Believe me, if you do, you'll know what machine you will want to buy, then those accounts will be so much easier to get.

Connections in Vegas is only a few short (love that word) months away, so why not get on over there and check out all the gear and talk to fellow professionals on the spot.

I remember meeting Rick G; there, using Big Yella for a minute, then telling me trouble 'n strife that I knew what I was getting her for Christmas.

She was impressed........ NOT wink.gif

But she loves Big Yella now, and the dollars it returns.

All the best mate,

Ooroo,

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

George

didn't, I take all the help I can get

May 25 2010, 10:07 PM 

Shorty, not upset, and don't think your an a-hole. I always figured a smart man learns from his mistakes and a wise man learns from others mistakes. I can offer you 20:1 on any amount you care to wager your 'mex (or the 15" 'mex) can't get in the cubes/offices. I can't get a 12" vac between the desk/wall. These people are packing waaaaay too much stuff in a small area. When I HWE these areas I had to use a 30" stair tool.

As for a rotary, I don't move it side to side very often. Usually, I let it float and walk it back and forth in a long oval - auto overlap. I guess it's an old Navy trick or something. That's how I learned to run it.

As for how we worked, we tried a bunch of different things. Again, the more we worked the smarter I got. He really wants a tank on what ever I decide to buy. What he really wants in a tank on my 19" and a tank on what ever I buy.

I'm willing to sacrifice a little speed to be able to toss out a pad and show the custy what has came up out of their carpet. Tonight I did a gun shop that had an attempted break in about 6 months ago. I vac'd up a lot of glass chips. Vac'd until no more chips were bouncing up the vac. After I was done with the rotary, I groom vac'd and he could hear the extra glass I brought to the surface. BTW, I think the 32oz diet coke stain might be a contender for this month.

Keep the info coming. I'm going to take some time making this decision. I figure it could be potentially a $20,000 a year mistake. I'm trying to get ride alongs with as many different machines as I can while I'm figuring this out.

Mark Hart

Re: didn't, I take all the help I can get

May 27 2010, 12:22 PM 

I'll take those odds. There hasn't been a space yet that I couldn't get my Mex into. All you do is stand the handle straight up. I just did a retail store with 4x5 dressing room and easily got behind the doors. Listen to Shorty, he knows whereof he speaks.

Current Topic - like this encapping more and more
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com