This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

how much commercial work is out there??

June 6 2010 at 5:58 PM
gary 

any reports on hpw much work and what kind of facilities are hiring carpet cleaning

AuthorReply
Fred Gruber

Re: how much commercial work is out there??

June 7 2010, 7:01 AM 

There's quite a bit out there, if you know where to look.

We've had our best luck landing medical offices, small to medium sized office buildings (the big all-in-one cleaning companies overlook those) and condominium complexes. You just have to ask the right people the right questions.

Joe DeSouza

Fred, do you mean...

June 7 2010, 8:55 AM 

Fred, do you mean the "all in one" janitorial companies overlook the BIG buildings, or do they also overlook the small to medium ones? Ive called around to some big prop management co's that run some big office complexes and almost every time there is a big janitorial co. doing the carpet cleaning, too...probably for pennies...My local supplier, who also sells to jan co's said sometimes they actually do the carpets for FREE if they land the whole jan. contract!!!

Thanx

Joe

David Hebert

Re: Fred, do you mean...

June 7 2010, 11:56 AM 

Nothing is for Free someone pays for it, it is always the customer in the end.

YES some janitorial companies will say the carpets are thrown in what happens next is they have to either hire a cheap carpet cleaning company, have the sub they hired to clean the building do it, or have an employee clean it. Many time the carpet cleaning that is included is 1X per year 2x tops.

Many time the smart janitorial co has already included the carpets in the contract but do not tell the prospect that, instead this add on is made to be a throw in. ( perceived value)

Remember all it takes is for the client not to look good when it is important one time for them to switch, your job is to be on top of mind when that time comes.

David

Charles

Jan Carpet Cleaning

June 7 2010, 12:48 PM 

I have never seen a janitorial company that could clean a commercial carpet. Places will always say "We already have someone" or we clean it ourselves, Yeah Right! Just too cheap to hire someone that can do the job right the first time.

David Hebert

Re: Jan Carpet Cleaning

June 7 2010, 4:04 PM 

Charles I have seen several janitorial companies clean carpet just as good as anyone else, why not they have access to the same equipment can chemicals we do.

In House go to Umass Amherst and take a look at the program installed there, i know since we helped develop it. Numerous others could be named, where the issues arise is in scheduling and having the help to cover doing the jobs.

We clean for three janitorial companies where we trained the personal to do floors and carpet, the owners and managers found out we could do the floors and carpet while keeping the staff doing other more profitable tasks to the company and still come out ahead of the game.

Educating clients is so very important today more then ever

Fred Gruber

Yes Joe

June 8 2010, 8:11 AM 

The big maintenance companies don't bother with the small to medium sized buildings (2000-5000 sqft of common area carpet). They have successfully locked up most of the larger facilities in our area.

I have talked to some of the cleaning companies and they have told me that they throw in the carpet cleaning or do it for pennies a ft, in order to get the account.

Just like fishing. If you know the good spots, you can just focus on those, while others are running all over the place and come home with no fish.

George

YEAH!

June 8 2010, 1:06 PM 

So true, I have no idea how to clean commercial carpet.

Don Eldred

Re: YEAH!

June 9 2010, 8:50 AM 

I disagree with some of you Large Jan companies do not throw in the carpet care, they use it as a profit centre. Just did a job for $780.00, office manager thought we where too low on our price, she was paying over $2500.00 to the Jan company for the same areas. She was not happy with results from the Jan company. Job took us 2 hours. So far this year we have picked up 3 large accounts because the facilities people where fed up with the carpet care provided by the Jan company.

Don't give up on the large accounts, sooner or later there will be a problem, and they will require a true professional carpet cleaner to correct the problem, why not you!!

It is these same companies that give our industry all the problems we have with carpet mills!!!! Bad cleaning.

This message has been edited by CLEANEX on Jun 9, 2010 8:54 AM

John

carpet cleaning

July 26 2011, 8:33 AM 

I heard about Drytech carpet cleaning company which is good. Their cleaners provide you with the best advice upon inspecting your carpet. They offer a wide variety of cleaning services whether you need to clean your home, office, mattress, rug and others. I have used their services for my mattress, now my mattress is clean and stain free, there are just awesome!

Read more:-http://www.drytech.com.au/Carpet_Cleaning

Current Topic - how much commercial work is out there??
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com