This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

New web hosting is being set up for Excellent Supply

June 10 2010 at 2:48 PM

Rick Gelinas 

Well guys and gals - it looks like we've had some more problems with our present (but not for long) web host provider.

We had been using HostMySite.com for the past couple of years to host all of our websites. We had purchased a robust package that could serve all of our data needs. And HostMySite was incredible. Perfect uptime, and incredible customer support. Everyone loved HostMySite!

But HostMySite was sold a few months ago to a larger company called HOSTING.COM. Now the story changes. Customer support is not at the same level. And last week their servers came under attack. This resulted in our website being offline for a few hours. Well late last night / early this morning - we experienced another major service interruption for no apparent reason, other than the fact that Hosting.com appears to be unable to maintain their system and keep things running smoothly. It's unfortunate when a good company gets bought out and becomes just another lackluster service provider.

Well we've just purchased a dedicated server package with another hosting company. The new hosting package is huge (much more than our present needs require). So we will be upgrading the system to a considerable degree in the next few days. Even though the new dedicated server will be overkill for our needs, I like the piece of mind that comes from having a surplus of data and power for our websites.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the site being down this morning. THe site is back up and running on HOSTING.COM - but I don't have a lot of confidence in their recent track record. Hopefully it will remain up for another day or two. That's all it will take for the new hosting company to be set up and for the domains to be propagated over to the new servers. There may be a slight delay as things are moved over, but we'll have the elves working through the night during "off peak" hours, so there should be little to know down time. And by next week we will be running on a massively upgraded server with a well regarded hosting company. Things should then be faster and better than ever! happy.gif

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Jun 10, 2010 3:48 PM

AuthorReply

Charles

Web Hosting

June 10 2010, 5:44 PM 

I think that the encap Shampoo guys attacked your site.

Probably got attacked by the same group that hacked IPAD users
and stole their e-mail.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Web Hosting

June 11 2010, 2:17 AM 

It is possible, but unlikely that the attacks are being directed at us directly. It's more likely the case that the hosting company is not well prepared to handle the load on their servers which is making them more vulnerable to failures. Or in other words, "they've become too big for their britches".

Apparently I am not the only one experiencing service woes with Hosting.com - take a quick look at these comments from other people using Hosting.com...

http://www.webhostingreviews.com/hostmysite-reviews.htm

Well our time on their server is coming to an end. By the early part of next week we will be hosted by a company with a glowing track record. Let's hope that Hostgator doesn't eventually get "too big for their britches" too. Here's what folks are saying about Hostgator...

http://www.webhostingreviews.com/host-gator-reviews.htm

In addition to moving to a hosting company with a solid track record, we are also upgrading from a VPN (virtual private network) to a Dedicated Server with several times more space, power, and data flow than our usage requires. This will be considerable overkill for our needs, but it's better than dealing with hosting problems. I think we'll be in good shape happy.gif

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Joe M

I feel the same way

June 11 2010, 9:02 AM 

I feel the same way about my job at the school, we have been contacted out to Aramark and now we will be just another lackluster service provider to the school dist.

Current Topic - New web hosting is being set up for Excellent Supply
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com