This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

D I V E R S I F I C A T I O N ..... NOT carpet or encap.

June 17 2010 at 11:06 PM
Shorty  

Hope you don't mind, but with work that many of us do getting harder to get, (for some), how many of us have diversified into other lucrative areas??

For years I have also been cleaning leather furniture, several years back I also went into leather clothing cleaning.

Here's a few photos of my latest jacket that I cleaned which, being in the tropics, is very susceptable to the growth of mold spores. (Mould down under) wink.gif

I imagine that Georgia gets Moody, err, moldy, along with Florida and the other southern states.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

You might well ask, why not throw it in the bin..................

Some people just love their Armani leather jackets, this little lady certainly does.

All interior fabric was also treated for mold and steamed.

The lady was rapt, dang !!!!! I should have charged more, she thought it was beyond salvage.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: D I V E R S I F I C A T I O N ..... NOT carpet or encap.

June 18 2010, 2:42 AM 

That is incredible Shorty. Did you dye the jacket, in addition to cleaning it?

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Shorty

I'se not that cleverer

June 18 2010, 6:10 AM 

Nah Rick, simply vacuumed as much of the green spores off that I could with my hepa filtered vac;

Then hit it with a mold killer for leather.

After that, I treated the fabric with an anti microbial and then steamed the inner lining, including turning the arms inside out.

Then cleaned the inner and outer leather, followed up with a leather conditioner when it was dry, and a touch of leather scent to give it that "new leather" smell.

Although I turned a pretty penny for the job, the satisfaction I got when I saw the ladies face was close to being enough.

She is a dental technician, took a stack of cards from me and then booked me in to clean all the furniture and carpet in her busy practice.

So out of a $250.00 job, I'll pick up close to another grand, plus any referrals.

Most times, these jackets are delivered to me & picked up by the customers, this one I decided to drop off because I had to go to the same building today.

www.get.shorty.com.au

Kevin Pearson

Re: I'se not that cleverer

June 18 2010, 5:07 PM 

Shorty that was really cool. Thanks for sharing that.

Drew

Re: D I V E R S I F I C A T I O N ..... NOT carpet or encap.

June 21 2010, 5:05 PM 

Shorty you are my Hero! It seams like there is nothing you can't do! LOL

javascript:enlrge('../pc/catalog/driver_1799_thumb.jpg')

Shorty

Stuart Little is my Hero.

June 22 2010, 2:55 AM 

I'm nothing special Drew, there are many things in our industry that I'm only average at.

It's just that some things I have a passion for, some leather problems that others won't touch just happens to be one of those passions.

Just wish I lived closer to the real living encyclopaedia on leather, Roger Koh.

He and Tony Wheelwright are my mentors on leather.

Just like Rick, yourself and several others are for encapsulation.

Also, I musn't forget the inimitable Ray Moody, aka Rambo.

He is one clever and really likeable dude that I have a ton of respect for, even though I have never met him face to face.

Ooroo,

www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Jun 22, 2010 2:55 AM

Current Topic - D I V E R S I F I C A T I O N ..... NOT carpet or encap.
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com