This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Orbot + concrete polishing

July 14 2010 at 1:41 AM
Dustin 

I know the orbot will not do serious polishing

but for say...a already polished floor offering maintenance on it might be a good idea?

I see allot of polished floors in my area popping up, businesses thinking they will avoid the cost of upkeep but as we know NOTHING is free from that ! lol.

Seems about 4-6 months after the polish they already start to dull and traffic lanes start, especially after the snow we get up here in Canada.

Use diamond twister pads or something? + the weight kit

Seems to be a fairly decent sized market and may as well try to do something with it

cimex isnt an option neither is a super expensive concrete polisher lol

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Orbot + concrete polishing

July 14 2010, 9:52 AM 

We now have diamond impregnated pads. They're called DiamondPlus pads. These pads are better than some of the earlier diamond maintenance pads that came to the market earlier. I would think that these might work with the Orbot, although I haven't tried it. We have these new DiamondPlus pads in various grits for the Cimex machines (8"). And we can get them in other sizes too for larger diameter machines. So let us know if you want to give this a whirl and we can get some for you to try.

The only concern I would have is that the head weight of the Orbot may not be great enough. We usually like to add some weight to the machine to get at least 75 pounds of head weight. SO that may be a limiting factor with the Orbot. I wouldn't recommend adding a weight to the orbital machines.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Walton

Re: Orbot + concrete polishing

July 14 2010, 1:34 PM 

I haven't used Ricks new Diamond pads, but I probably will when I use up my other old diamond pads. I use them on my 19 inch Cimex Marble polisher, and it works great! 120 volts, and I have three extra sets of weights for it. Its a very versatile machine, perfect for those polishing maint. jobs.

Al Taylor

terrazzo

July 14 2010, 2:36 PM 

I just got a request on my voice mail to clean a terrazzo floor (resi) 380 s.f. He wants it done before the furniture is moved in. Never honed before but have been running in to and turning down these jobs cause i'm not set up. So what will I need to do this restoration. Already have Cimex.

Al Taylor

Wiegh the meaning and look not at the words.

Al Taylor

Re: terrazzo

July 14 2010, 6:11 PM 

Back from the inspection of the terrazzo floor. Outcome is client took my recommendation to not put a fininish on it without the complete restoration process. He wants it to shine!

So I will be scrubbing the floor with my Cimex and rick's red pads. But what will be the best cleaning agent to use that will leave the floor looking the best it can look with just a clean and rinse?

Al Taylor

Wiegh the meaning and look not at the words.

Dustin

orbot and weight

July 14 2010, 6:58 PM 

ill have to try some of those in the future Rick! thanks

I also wouldn't think extra weight on carpet would be a great idea, but for hard floors, especially stripping floors its works awesome with the extra 40 pounds from the weight kit

Would it be fair to compare it to say Clarke's autoscrubbers that are square oscilating machines? they have up to 150 pounds of pad pressure on them

http://www.clarkeus.com/~/media/Products/Autoscrubbers/ClarkeUS/PDF/Focus2Midsize/Auto70506A9-09FocusIIMidSizeCFS.ashx

What is the recommended process for polishing concrete with this method?
Just some water on the floor for a bit of lubrication? or?

thanks in advance

Drew

HOS Accessories

July 19 2010, 1:23 PM 

The 40 LB Weight Kit is $270.00 retail.
The Tile and Grout Brush is $230.00 retail.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Jul 19, 2010 1:34 PM
This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Jul 19, 2010 1:32 PM

Dustin

oOoo

July 31 2010, 7:40 PM 

hey looks good drew...although the picture is a little small

is that using the diamond plus pads?

and how many passes?

Current Topic - Orbot + concrete polishing
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com