This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

New scent for DS?

July 16 2010 at 11:55 PM

Joe DeSouza  

Was using a new batch tonite and noticed it didnt smell like tea tree extract like before - was the scent changed? I like it; it lingers a bit longer it seems and people like the scent....just wondering what the scent is?

Thanx!

Joe

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: New scent for DS?

July 17 2010, 12:01 AM 

It's still Tea Tree. Not sure why it's smelling different to you.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

ANTHONY HERNANDEZ

July 17 2010, 10:56 AM 

i too noticed it does'nt smell as potent

Joe DeSouza

July 17 2010, 11:50 PM 

Hmmmm....It does smell a little different than the previous batch....I guess it still smells like tea tree, but there is something different about it...but maybe its just me! But the stuff still kicks butt when cleaning and that is what matters to me most!!

Joe

This message has been edited by jodyzuza on Jul 17, 2010 11:51 PM

Joe Gilstrap

July 18 2010, 12:50 AM 

I wish that the scent would change. I had to quit buying Releasit because my partner would have a violent reaction to it if it became airborne. I loved the way it cleaned though, Releasit is good stuff!

Drew

Encap Clean DS Substitute!

July 18 2010, 11:00 AM 

Joe,

Encap Basic has a citrus scent and a no cough formula, it is $64 per case you can buy 2 cases for $128!

This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Jul 19, 2010 1:42 PM
This message has been edited by EncapDrew on Jul 18, 2010 11:01 AM

Rick Gelinas

Re: Encap Clean DS Substitute!

July 18 2010, 12:06 PM 

What Drew said...

ENCAP-BASIC

It cleans great.

It crystallizes perfectly.

It's very inexpensive to work with.

It uses a different surfactant that won't make you cough if you choose to spray it.

And it smells delicious.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=302&idcategory=4

[linked image]

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

This message has been edited by cimex on Jul 18, 2010 12:32 PM

Joe DeSouza

About encap basic

July 18 2010, 10:33 PM 

Rick, what does it cost per square foot application compared to DS? I know its cheaper per gallon, but you have to use double the amount vs. DS....

BTW, are there any plans in the near future to offer a "green" encap product like the other manufacturers? How about something that would compete with Crystal Dry?

Thanks!

Joe

Al Taylor

Re: About encap basic

July 19 2010, 12:48 AM 

I feel like releasit is already green product. No toxic fumes to inhale, safe for client, carpet, & you. No harsh chemicals.

Al Taylor

Wiegh the meaning and look not at the words.

Rick Gelinas

Re: About encap basic

July 20 2010, 10:20 AM 

"Compete with Crystal Dry"?

Releasit Encap-Clean and Encap-Clean DS blows Crystal Dry out of the water.

Encap-Basic is cheaper to use than Encap-Cean DS in it's RTU diluted state.

And yes, we are looking into developing a "green" product. But we're not rushing into it. We won't do it at the expense of performance. And to be honest, so called "green certification" is less of a priority since Encap-Clean and Encap-Basic are already very green to begin with. See thhttp://www.EnviroPact.com website to learn more. Green Seal certification and the likes are about as laughable as the CRI certification. Not much merit to either of them - just good for making people feel warm and fuzzy. For example there's a a popular all purpose cleaner with Green Seal certification that contains BUTYL - and that's simply NOT green. It's about as dumb as the Rug Doctor being CRI approved. It's all a bunch of nonsense. At the end of the day, the detergents I referenced above are TRULY better for the environment than practically every other product on the market (with or without "certification". And that's what truly matters.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Joe DeSouza

Thanks Rick!

July 20 2010, 11:57 AM 

I had no idea the Green Seal guys are as corrupt as CRI ...what a fiasco!

I just mentioned crystal dry, because I learned from some other friendly building contractors that I guess because of LEED and the USGBC that crystal dry is a green Seal approved product and is specified to be used in some green buildings...I know of one guy not far from me that has a cimex and runs crystal dry thru it for that reason....I have never used crystal dry, even though I use a GLS occasionally; I used it last week and ran DS thru it, it worked quite well, despite it does not have the scubbing action that the cimex has...

I brought this up, because this whole "Green" thing seems to be gaining strength and a lot of other chemical mfg's are coming out with "green products"...my thought is if you could package the strength and quality of encap-clean DS in a "Green" package that you might take over the market!

Thanks for the info, rick!

Joe

David Hebert

Re: Thanks Rick!

July 20 2010, 1:46 PM 

One Major Problem is the Money it takes to get the Green Seal Cert
or any other of them for that matter.

It is a Money Grab hoisted upon the manufactures of chemicals, if you are very large then you can absorb the cost, if you are small to medium company the cost can be hard to justify even when you have a superior product.

I know a few smaller chemical companies who will not submit chemicals for testing due to the politics being played, back door antics and the money grabbing going on.

David

Current Topic - New scent for DS?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com