This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Update - Commercial glue seeping thru - Pics

July 18 2010 at 2:29 PM
Bill Martins 

Had a residential client tell me that they had a company install CGD 2 years ago @ their resort, and the glue seems to be seeping thru the carpet over time, the company that installed the carpet went out and cleaned(no clue what method/equipment used), and it has gotten worse he says. The area is over 200k of carpet, but not all of it is like that. They don't have anyone maintaining the carpets since it was laid down and this problem has been happening.

At first I thought it was wickbacks, but can this really happen? I have not seen the carpets yet, but I'll be in the area this week and would like to stop by and take a look, maybe shoot some pics and I'll post it on here.

Thanks,

Bill

This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 21, 2010 11:11 AM

AuthorReply
Jeff

Re: Commercial glue seeping thru

July 19 2010, 7:23 PM 

Doubtful that glue is seeping through on a installation that log ago,I would look at the backing breaking down and then coming up to the top, it makes sense that when cleaning the water and vacuum would create a a worse appearence possibly creating a slurry effect. Keep us posted I would like to know what you find,

Joel Riggs

July 20 2010, 7:26 PM 

Pictures?

Bill

July 21 2010, 11:11 AM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Thanks,

Bill

Jeff

July 21 2010, 11:54 AM 

Is the carpet on a concrete slab, I have seen this on concrete slabs where the concrete was not sealed and moisture is wicked up through the concrete if it has been sealed there may be cracks allowing moisture to again effect the carpet. Only fix is to remove carpet seal concrete and or repair and seal concrete.

Steve Smith

Commercial glue seeping thru

July 22 2010, 6:01 PM 

WOW,I've installed thousands and thousands of yards of glue down carpet, and that does not look like glue to me

This message has been edited by EarthSolutions on Jul 22, 2010 6:05 PM

Bill Martins

Pooling

July 25 2010, 3:52 AM 

It was determined to be pooling, can't be fixed, carpets will be replaced in December. All 200k+ sqft.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Pooling

July 27 2010, 1:53 AM 

Bill, thanks for those photos and the explanation given by the instructor. Those are some of the best looking pictures of pooling I've seen. They're better than the example photos that were used in my IICRC classes years ago. Thanks for sharing that.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Joel Riggs

Re: Pooling

August 1 2010, 3:10 PM 

What is pooling?

Current Topic - Update - Commercial glue seeping thru - Pics
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com