This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Marketing to Churches / places of worship

July 20 2010 at 7:03 PM

Joe DeSouza  

I know a few of you here clean places of worship... When is the best time to market to these? I would think before the holidays for churches & synagogues...how about Assembly Halls? We have a few churches & assembly halls here in my town and I want to be strategic in my marketing so as to be at their door when they think it's time to clean!

I appreciate any advice....

Thanks!

Joe

AuthorReply
Joel Riggs

Re: Marketing to Churches / places of worship

July 20 2010, 7:23 PM 

Any time is a good time. You never know when they are getting tired of the looks of the carpet. Or when they are going to have special guest or when they are going to have a special program or any other reason. Maybe a parishioner puked on the carpet last Sunday.

Just my opinion.

David Edwards

Re: Marketing to Churches / places of worship

July 20 2010, 9:30 PM 

One thing I do is to look for churches that are geared more toward contemporary services or relaxed atmospheres - they often allow drinks, coffee and refreshments in services. These are prime for carpet maintenance plans.

One thing I run into a lot, though, is the "we have a member who cleans carpet for a living...." In these times, a free demo will often help IF you can convince them to let you do one.

David Edwards
Carpets To Go
New Bern, NC

George

watch the paper

July 23 2010, 11:37 PM 

Watch your local paper for announcements! You'd be amazed what you can find - upcoming anniversary, special speaker, Vacation Bible School (after it's over!), home coming, and a host of other special services.

Last year I did a cost of chems demo for a small church and their VCT before their home coming. They were so happy they added $150 to the chems/fuel. This year they are hoping I'm out of the cast and off the crutches so I can do it again before this years home coming. This year I'll be padcapping it so it should be fast and good.

Derek

Re: watch the paper

July 27 2010, 12:47 AM 

our Assembly Hall is serviced at no charge by a good number of semi-local volunteer pro-CC'ers. (if you can beat that price, it's yores!)

it's a good time, good food and nice to catch up with friends in the biz. there are always cases of EncapClean for us to use there as well wink.gif although we only use maybe 1 case per cleaning...give or take a gallon.

safe bet that all Assembly Halls are serviced the same way, by volunteers.

tx --- Derek.

Bill Martins

Churches

July 27 2010, 6:58 PM 

We spent several weeks going after these businesses, some of them were MULTI million dollar businesses. Yet, every single one of them said their budget doesn't allow for cleaning the carpets, can't afford it, or a member of the church does it.

Most did not want demos, but we did do a few demos, which came out great, cimex, ds, and some were oped. About 5 of them were mega churches with 20-50k square feet of carpet, right off the highway, etc...bottom line was that they were not nearly as interested in "maintaining the carpets" as they were with "growing" their business.

Be ready for the "discount" because they are a church.

Ps...the ones that had companies already cleaning for them, did everything they could to see if you would out bid their guy, so keep that in mind if you get the accounts, there is hardly any loyalty.

This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 27, 2010 7:02 PM
This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 27, 2010 7:01 PM
This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 27, 2010 7:00 PM
This message has been edited by bmartins on Jul 27, 2010 6:59 PM

Current Topic - Marketing to Churches / places of worship
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com