This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

iCapsol CRB

August 30 2010 at 7:34 AM
Phil R 

Can we get a report from anyone who uses this machine?

AuthorReply
Joel Riggs

Re: iCapsol CRB

August 31 2010, 12:17 PM 

I dont use one but most of what I have heard has not been very favorable. Too light and too much plastic is what I have read. Little things break alot.

Like I said I havent used one of those. Have looked at them at Interlink but they look more like a toy to me.

I have heard much better things about the brush and clean CRB that Rick Sells or the GLS. I havnt seen the Sprinter that Rick sells in person but just from the pictures it looks more industrial to me.

Grant D

Host

August 31 2010, 10:16 PM 

I owned one in the past and frankly felt it was a tinkertoy. No brush selection, sprayer tip only came in an 01 tip size which IMO was too slow. Nice for scrubbing in something prior to extraction or OP but not as a sub for a cimex.

I now use instead a Host machine I got on Ebay for $300 and MUCH prefer it!

Phil R

Thanks Grant

September 1 2010, 1:34 PM 

Tell me, please, why the Host machine is better.

My 'plan' is to use one of these CRB machines ONLY as an additional method unless the carpets are NOT really dirty.

I am now a firm believer that chemistry matters more than machinery...but only to a degree.

Grant D

Host

September 2 2010, 1:35 AM 

Just giving my opinion. The diameter of the host brush is probably close to twice that of the iCap. That means if both are spinning at say 480 rpm, the host brush is spinning close to twice as fast. Host is easier to control, more durable, built to last, many fewer easy to break parts. Has about 5 brush sets available so you can match the brush to the job, the iCap is a black "one size fits all" brush.

Joel Riggs

Re: Host

September 2 2010, 12:43 PM 

Grant does your host also have a vacuum attached to it?

Grant D

Re: Host

September 2 2010, 10:54 PM 

Joel,
I have two. One of them is the Freestyle, the one with the vacuum. Most of the time I just use my smaller one that doesn't have the vacuum. I had been hoping to use the one with the vacuum as a final scrub + post-vac all in one but it still spit out some fuzz-balls so I gave up on that idea.

Phil,
I suspect that the Pilemaster type CRB would be a great choice and it has all the brush types too. But I haven't used one of those and was just suggesting Host because used ones can be found sometimes for a great price.

Phil R

Thanks again Grant

September 3 2010, 2:26 PM 

The Host idea seem sound to me.

Thanks man.

George

iCapsol CRB

September 10 2010, 10:20 PM 

I have an iCapsol and use it to scrub in my prespray when I am doing HWE. I use it almost everyday and I have had problems with the belts breaking and I did break the body where the brushes are held (fixed it by welding it)and the
handle broke one time. (ordered a new one)I now take care when taking it in and out of the van and can repair the belts quickly. Also the ends of the brushes have broken off and they are not cheap. BUT..

It does a great job at scrubbing in the prespray. I also use it to do some encapping and its ok.

I brought the machine used on ebay.

Hope this helps

Current Topic - iCapsol CRB
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com